intercooler pump question

Venomous94Cobra

Established Member
hey guys are the intercooler pumps supposed to come on when the key is on? i have a bone stock 08 gt500 with 57k miles and have yet to see it pumping fluid. ive taken it to the track one time and ran 4 passes total letting it cool in between those passes but the blower was still very hot and the coolant tank to the intercooler was barely warm, my highest trap speed was only 110mph actual 109.73mph was my highest and they were all pretty consistant with each other, the low trap speed is was led me to check the HE coolant, figured it was heat soaked and pulling too much timing.

nxhappy

Established Member
hey guys are the intercooler pumps supposed to come on when the key is on? i have a bone stock 08 gt500 with 57k miles and have yet to see it pumping fluid. ive taken it to the track one time and ran 4 passes total letting it cool in between those passes but the blower was still very hot and the coolant tank to the intercooler was barely warm, my highest trap speed was only 110mph actual 109.73mph was my highest and they were all pretty consistant with each other, the low trap speed is was led me to check the HE coolant, figured it was heat soaked and pulling too much timing.

if you don't have a tune, then no, it will not turn on with just the key. It will take a few minutes idling and then it will turn on.

to test the pump, you can jumper it to make sure it's working. Pull the smaller black fuse box on the passenger side, closest to the firewall. the pump relay has to be pulled out. Then you jumper the pump by putting wire or a paper clip in the relay slots.

I suggest you buy a dual fan heat exchanger. your car is most certainly getting heat soaked.

Venomous94Cobra

Established Member
Hey man thank you very much, I just drove the car to store and popped the hood to check it again while it was running and it definitely pumping now, thank you again for your help man.

Users who are viewing this thread