intercooler pump install problem

03svt4life

Established Member
I was installing pump and no movement of fluid so i did what it said in the how to section -sucking on the top line to reservoir, i get little fluid while pump is jumped, but then i keep trying and now when i try to jump you dont hear pump or anything-did i lock up new pump or what?

The last time I installed a new IC pump (my 3rd one), I didn't get any fluid moving. And I had refilled the system very slowly. Left the car running and wrapped a towel around the lip of the IC tank. Put my mouth around the lip and started blowing in there hard. After about less than a minute and continuously blowing in there it started pumping. Mouth got splashed with coolant but it worked.

03svt4life

Established Member
i need to check fuses but now when i try to jump new pump you cant even hear it running anymore, at first you could then i tried grabbing hoses at pump to help prime it and it stopped

pmac231

Established Member
Were there any kinks in your line when you started the pump? I just cleaned my original pump, put it back on and when I jumped the relay, the pump was making noise but nothing moving in the resevoir. When I looked under the car the feed line was kinked. I fixed it and tried to start the pump again but nothing. It wouldn't work at all. I am waiting for a new one now. In my case though the pump had 80k miles on it !!

Users who are viewing this thread