Intercooler on3 or procharger

coposrv

Established Member
I currently have an older 3 core procharger air to air and it’s a well built piece but I might be close to maxing it.

On3 has a 4” core intercooler but with their reputation I’m in the fence. It’s real short money but before I reconfigure my piping I’d like some data. Does anyone have experience.

New tune after I’m done with the motor refresh. I’m running a cammed 4v at 9:1 with a novi 2200 into a forward facing hogan manifold. Should see 700 on pump 93 + torco.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
You might have more room with the Procharger piece than you think. I ran that one with my big bore and an F1A that was spinning around 19-20psi. Power was similar to yours and I never had an issue with IAT's. They were always within a few degrees of ambient. Even after a hard pull.

coposrv

Established Member
Interesting. Not a ton of info on the procharger intercoolers vs the China made. Maybe I’ll see where it ends up. Just don’t want to have it fall short and the. Have to rebuild my piping.

I know treadstone is another option but still Chinese. On3 is Chinese and half the price of treadstone.

I’m not going to spend $500 for treadstone. I’ll buy a domestic core and build my own it’ll just end up just short of a grand instead.

It’s not a cheap situation it’s a value one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

coposrv

Established Member
Interesting. Not a ton of info on the procharger intercoolers vs the China made. Maybe I’ll see where it ends up. Just don’t want to have it fall short and then have to rebuild my piping.

I know treadstone is another option but still Chinese. On3 is Chinese and half the price of treadstone.

I’m not going to spend $500 for treadstone. I’ll buy a domestic core and build my own it’ll just end up just short of a grand instead.

It’s not a cheap situation it’s a value one.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Not a ton of info on the procharger intercoolers vs the China made

I looked into this a while back and it's frustrating. All you have is people naming the brand they have, saying it works great with zero data to back it up

coposrv

Established Member
I looked into this a while back and it's frustrating. All you have is people naming the brand they have, saying it works great with zero data to back it up

That’s what I keep finding as well. For 200$ I’ll try the on3.

I’d like to figure a way to make a test rig and sample the procharger and on3 back to back.

coposrv

Established Member

I just found this. I’m definitely going to try and set things up for a back to back test on the dyno.

Now I really I need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blackedout

Established Member
I looked into swapping my A-W set up to a treadstone and didn’t find anybody having issues with them and people pushing big boost through them...

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
I have a mishimoto r line intercooler, 4 inthes thick with 3in intel and outlet and a lifetime warranty. Supposedly supports around 850hp, but I have no complaints so far. I can supply photos if you'd like as well to show how it looks/fits

coposrv

Established Member
I looked into swapping my A-W set up to a treadstone and didn’t find anybody having issues with them and people pushing big boost through them...

I’ve seen the same things. I have yet to see a real back to back test though. Same day, dyno, tune, pulley. everything constant but the intercooler.

Treadstone/on3/Cx racing compared to a bell or garret core intercooler.

coposrv

Established Member
I have a mishimoto r line intercooler, 4 inthes thick with 3in intel and outlet and a lifetime warranty. Supposedly supports around 850hp, but I have no complaints so far. I can supply photos if you'd like as well to show how it looks/fits

The more the merrier. I like pics of other set ups.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve seen the same things. I have yet to see a real back to back test though. Same day, dyno, tune, pulley. everything constant but the intercooler.

Treadstone/on3/Cx racing compared to a bell or garret core intercooler.

If I won the lottery this is the kinda shit I’d do with my back yard shop and dyno

Helomech74

Established Member
Treadstone used to use Bell cores, not sure what they use now (thought they still used Bell). My current unit is one I made using a Treadstone C1260R core, it's great piece. I'm not sure if these are still Bell cores or not, but it's just as well made as my previous Bell 3 core intercooler that I was running.

coposrv

Established Member
Treadstone used to use Bell cores, not sure what they use now (thought they still used Bell). My current unit is one I made using a Treadstone C1260R core, it's great piece. I'm not sure if these are still Bell cores or not, but it's just as well made as my previous Bell 3 core intercooler that I was running.

Interesting. I didn’t know they did.

DaveWertz

Established Member
Im really curious now with this. After going FMIC, I just took it to the rollers. Before IC I was around 13lbs of boost on a 3.12 pulley, This time around I was 8.2lbs with the same pulley just intercooled. So with the CX 3" core I lost almost 5lbs. I knew it was going to happen but I wasn't upset only because I gained 34whp and 15ft lbs. So once I get some change saved up I will be replacing the IC. Not trying to shell out for a threadstone unless proven otherwise. That will be the best way for me to gain more power without having to have it retuned. I understand they show that flow is better, but I want to see actual data backing all these claims. Maybe On3 will work better who knows

DaveWertz

Established Member
I would also like to know how Mishimoto S and R series rate? I actually seen some LS guys do back to back runs switching from a Mishimoto to treadstone. The mishimoto actually outperformed some of the treadstone coolers. And they are very affordable with lifetime warranty. I don't see that with any other brand.

Users who are viewing this thread