Intercooler fix... What are my rights as a consumer?

Vnomss1

Established Member
I know this topic has gone round and round. Well, the issue finally made itself apparent. I have the I.C. leak...

I verified with SVT today that absolutely NO Recall work has ever been done to the vehicle.

I have all the TSB and recall #s and information. Contacted the Dealership to make them aware and for assistance. I made mention of the "out of warranty adjustment" and they said that they will try to work with me on getting it taken care of.

I'm a bit confused as I really don't know what my rights are as a consumer. I understand that I should be upset at the previous owner for not having this issue taken care of. However, when a vehicle gets traded into a dealership, and they do the 1xx point inspection are they not supposed to check for outstanding recall information and make the vehicle "satisfactory" for sale?

If so, then am I in the right if they don't take care of the issue to hand the keys back to the dealer under the premise that they sold me a defective vehicle? I really don't know what level of rights I have.

Please advise!!! Only 23,000 miles on this truck!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I don't think you have any. My understanding is the recall was sent to the people affected and should have been done then.

02_Lightning

Established Member
It will not be taken care of by anyone but yourself. That was one thing to check before purchasing the vehicle... and assuming that it is 'fine now, so I will let go' is the wrong way to look at these.... this design will always fail. 2001 and up had the correction, so they are good.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
thats like with mine, they said they checked it over did all this inspection, and my trans went out 2 days later. Then the head shot a plug a month later. But i guess when they did their inspection they couldnt see anything wrong with the inside of the trans and did check the plugs..they might cover it and might not

Vnomss1

Established Member
Issue is escalated to FoMoCo right now. The Ford Rep that handles SoCal is looking into this and I should know by tomorrow.

Vnomss1

Established Member
Just a heads up as of tonight. I spoke to the Dealerships Service Manager, and I quote. "If Ford does not make this right, the Dealership will reimburse you 100% for all charges." We'll see, but it appears from word of mouth in front of 3 witnesses that the Dealer or Ford will end up paying for this repair.

Vnomss1

Established Member
Will do. The Service Manager called me yesterday morning to make me aware that the reimbursement was sent in, just needs a signature from Ford. If that fails, then again the dealer will pick up the charges.

Vnomss1

Established Member
**Update**

Spoke to the Service Manager at the Dealer yesterday. Check is on its way for 100% reimbursement. They said 3-5 days and will call when I can come to the dealer to get the check... Sounds like a win for the customer!!! :beer:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
wow good for you man, glad it worked out for the better
maybe post the guys name that you spoke to at fomoco
i think there are still a bunch of guys running around with the leak that really shouldnt pay for it

Vnomss1

Established Member
**Update**

Got a call from the Dealer yesterday. CHECK IS IN!!!
I went over to them after work yesterday, and picked it up. Full Reimbursement for all work performed!!! :rolling:
I didn't speak to anyone in particular at FoMoCo, just called the 800 # off of their website and spoke to an individual. Made it sound like I was really pissed off, and that my entire family owns fords (Which is true) and that I've owned 3 myself, 2 being SVTs. They were easy to work with. Gave me the speech that Ford is aware of my concern, bla, bla, bla and that the Ford Rep that deals with the Dealership has been notified and that she will take it for action. I have her name at home somewhere, but she only deals with the dealers in the So Cal region.

The Dealer worked directly with the Ford Rep, and it got done. I asked for Customer interaction, but was denied. Again the same pressure was applied to the Service Manager about the family owning fords. It was a little strange when I bought the L cause they said it was a "certified" vehicle. I went after them with, well how the hell could you sell me this one "certified" when it wasn't... My Folks got involved, and the Service Manager got it done.

I believe that it all really sits with the Service Manager. They can do whatever is in their discretion. If they don't want to bother with putting in for reimbursement, than they won't. Ford reimburses the dealer for the work completed, and then the dealer reimburses the individual as far as I know. Hopefully you guys can get this done the same way. Just DON'T BACK DOWN!!!

They gave me some BS excuse about it only being an owner notification bulletin. I asked both Ford and the Dealer for trend data from when the 99-00 models were made (Being that they are SVT they are limited production anyway) and how many were actually serviced for this "Owner notification bulletin". They said that they could not provide that data... Hmmmmmmmm....... Makes you think that Ford just doesn't really want to release it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nonono:

But, when it is all said and done, I have my money back, and it worked out. I went through the dealer that I bought the truck from, and if they sold you a Ford Certified vehicle, or Dealer Certified Vehicle, than it's BS if they don't fix it and pay for it. Again, don't back down, get you money back...

Hopefully there will be many more dealers that will work with their customers if they want to continue the business and reputation.
If you want any info let me know and I can provide it.

Greg
:rockon: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread