Interchangeable mufflers? have an idea

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Does anyone know if you can swap magnaflow mufflers from a magnaflow catback, to MAC mufflers with a magnaflow catback. Given IF they are the same dimensions with the same offsets AND the same size inlet and outlets... One would assume so.

I'm looking to swap my magnaflows for some MACs after seeing SnakeBites little kb vid. I can't believe how badass that exhaust sounds. I'm envious.

Anyone ever try this? I don't plan on buying the mac catback due to fitment issues from what I hear, and I'm quite content with the looks of my magnaflow catback. However, i just want a different sound. there's a variety of mac mufflers available on eBay to choose from. Finding the right ones will be tricky.

I suppose as a last resort they could always be welded into place, but wouldn't it be nice to have the option to swap?

eager to hear some responses.

-lex :coolman:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I don'e know about Magnaflo's stuff, but I do know that you can easily swap all of SLP's mufflers in and out of their cat-back systems.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I just swapped out the magnaflow mufflers for the super 40 flows while keeping the magnaflow cat-back pipes.we had a problem with the 2.5" outlets on the mufflers not fitting over the cat-back pipe so it had to be expanded but easily done at the exhaust shop.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
You can do it but like everyone said may need pipes expanded and mufflers welded. BTW the MAC catback is the only other one I've heard that I like as much as the magnapacks. MAC catback with an O/R mid pipe is sick.

Users who are viewing this thread