Intellectual Laziness

fish tumor

Established Member
My video on pushing forward critical thinking. Comments and discussion are welcome and encouraged. Just remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If you want to bash this video using any language please do so, I just hope you back it up with clear reason. Thanks. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yINSDxFkoYk"]Fish Tumor! Presents: Intellectual Laziness (1) - YouTube[/nomedia]

You did a good job with that video buddy. I agree its all about the kind of seed that you plant. You're always going to get a harvest back with any seed. Just need to make sure you are planting the right kind of seeds and that you have the right picture. Thanks for posting it up. :beer:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I like what you did here. I applaud you for making this video and posting it for all to see. You touched on a subject that many people think about but rarely speak of. I discuss/debate these matters with friends & family regularly but prefer to keep my time on SVTP "light".

Unfortunately, in the spirit of SVTP, I see this headed into SD.

Last edited:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Oh boy. Off to smackdown this will go if people actually watch it lol.

First off, I can completely understand how something functions AND believe God was behind it and designed it to be so. There are scientists out there (not many) that believe in a higher power.

Also, saying God would also have to be an asshole because of all the bad shit that happens is not a good argument. You don't know what good or bad is in the eyes of God. He can wipe out half the planet and leave billions in complete despair and I'll tell you it was his plan, he is just bringing his children home. And for the people in despair, their suffering pales in comparison to their salvation.

I do agree that people should understand how efficiently complex life is and not just say, "God did it, I don't care."

Oh and Wtf is up with that money belt and money bookmark?

tap-a-keg

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I almost hate say anything bad about a video that obviously was well thought out and had a reasonable theme. However, for me, calling God an asshole was not a good selling point. I believe in science and I believe in God. I see no reason why one has to be proved or disproved. All things happen for a reason whether it is something that can explained scientifically now or later. I see that his friend who got the job and thanked God for it because God had a reason for him getting that job. As for the other jobs he didn't get, it wasn't in God's plan. I do find it interesting that he did not explain why his friend didn't get the jobs scientifically but called God an asshole and an inconsistent God. I think if he could explained that he might have been on to something.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I liked the video and message, however, you were annoying. Just being honest.. Your glasses made me want to punch you in the ear and your hand movements. Maybe narrate next time while having a naked chick walking around.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Where are the tits?

I was hoping to see some astonishing tits.

I'm leaving now. But when I come back there better be tits.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
The only thing about the video I didn't understand was the $100 bill you used as a book mark. Made a good production seem like a rap video!?

yelostang

Established Member
Can't listen about Penguins but can listen about walking on water and splitting the sea... LOL

I actually like penguins, and all their cheeky little shenanigans, but I'm not going to listen to some guy that looks like a crewmember of the S.S. Hoodrat discuss the mysteries of the universe.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I actually like penguins, and all their cheeky little shenanigans, but I'm not going to listen to some guy that looks like a crewmember of the S.S. Hoodrat discuss the mysteries of the universe.

Looks can be deceiving. Jesus Christ was a broke bastard (literally.. wait, what) and he's arguably the most influential person to ever exist.

tap-a-keg

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
I couldn't finish the video either.

I'm a huge Bertrand Russel, Carl Sagan, Hitchens, and Dawkins fan... But the video just failed to hold my attention. Sorry.

Mind giving cliff notes, anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread