Intakes??

88stangnut

Established Member
I've got a 89 notch with stock 5.0 with a votech s-trim supercharger, 42-lb injectors, ported and polished heads. but the intake is the stock one. I want to swap it out with something that will flow a little more air.

any recommendations?

wheelhopper

Established Member
Edelbrock RPM, Holley Systemax, even the BBK intake will flow even better than a Cobra intake would. I would base mine on the best deal you can find.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
the holley sytemax is a good choice. but heard there was a problem with the runner on the lower intake on num 5cyl causing a slight lean issue

wheelhopper

Established Member
I just got an old school Edelbrock off Ebay for, shipped, for $175. For the price it sounds like the best intake to me.

lowonfuel

Established Member
intakes

I've got a 89 notch with stock 5.0 with a votech s-trim supercharger, 42-lb injectors, ported and polished heads. but the intake is the stock one. I want to swap it out with something that will flow a little more air.

any recommendations?

If price is an issue I would look into the typhoon intake. It's basically a 'rough around the edges' Edelbrock intake....and I've always had good luck with the Edelbrocks. I've seen test where people swap a Cobra for a Typhoon and pick up big gains.

If money is not an issue I'd probably go with the Holley.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
what heads are they??? if they are E7's anything real good will be a waste...

Not a waste...building blocks...just a little out of order since it's on top of the heads, but I digress.

Holley get's my vote if you have the money for it. I have a trickflow intake on mine and have been happy with it...I think at the time it was the best bang for the buck.

Make sure you change out the TB and spacer at the same time or you'll have a great bottleneck in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread