Intake vacuum line?

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Does anyone know what the vacuum line on the back of the upper intake (passenger side) is for? Mine is all brittle, and had a hole in it. The intake side of the hose is a larger diameter.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
its for the fuel pressure regulator & then t's off to places unknown to me.
mine had a leak in that some spot, I called the ford dealer they said they couldnt get anymore. so I just trimmed the old one down.

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
its for the fuel pressure regulator & then t's off to places unknown to me.
mine had a leak in that some spot, I called the ford dealer they said they couldnt get anymore. so I just trimmed the old one down.

I cant trim the old one down, the whole line is brittle. I made a temporary one, and the car runs the same. No better no worse. I was hoping this line was causing my 95mph trap speed, but its probably the IMRC's.:nonono:

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
cobra-manifold-1.jpg

Does this go to the fuel regulator? Its the hose that connects behind the throttle body.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
No, it doesn't. I'm not sure where that line actually goes off to though, to be honest. This is how they're set up stock...

vaccuum%20lines.jpg

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Thanks, thats it! Now I need to get a part #. It looks like both sides of that hose are the same diameter from that pic, but are not. That is why I cant just use bulk vacuum line.

Toasty

Established Member
I cant trim the old one down, the whole line is brittle. I made a temporary one, and the car runs the same. No better no worse. I was hoping this line was causing my 95mph trap speed, but its probably the IMRC's.:nonono:

Those plastic vacuum lines get very brittle as they get old. Be careful working with them. If their integrity is in question, replace them completely with new rubber lines.

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Those plastic vacuum lines get very brittle as they get old. Be careful working with them. If their integrity is in question, replace them completely with new rubber lines.

It is a rubber line. I dont no why this one went bad when the others dont look too bad. I do need to go through all my lines as the car is 10 years old.

thasalvoo

that line fell apart on my car and i just capped it off on the plenum... its been like that for about 2 years.. i think the line is to relieve gasses or pressure from the fuel system... i could be wrong. Not sure if this affect any performance or longevity??

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
that line fell apart on my car and i just capped it off on the plenum... its been like that for about 2 years.. i think the line is to relieve gasses or pressure from the fuel system... i could be wrong. Not sure if this affect any performance or longevity??

Why not just hook it back up? I ended up just using regular vacuum line. I forced it on the intake side with some needle nose pliers.

Users who are viewing this thread