Intake upgrade?

BURN0913

Established Member
I have an 03 but have to swap back to 01 style intake was wondering if anyone has used an aftermarket intake and if so what were your results?

Oh yeah the reason for the swap is the Twin Turbo kit I just ordered.

GodStang

Established Member
I do not think there is an aftermarket one other then stock ones that are Port and polished

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I hear good things about Boss330's shortrunner intakes- also the mach 1's lower is supposed to flow better than a 99/01 intake- i dunno about the setup with the ram air deal, I believe the maurader has the best flowing intake of all so I imagine that would work- as it doesn't deal with the shaker hoodscoop of the mach, then their is always the Fr500 piece.

slick4_6

Established Member
If your spending the money for a twin turbo kit, spend a few extra dollars and have Boss331 build you a custom short runner intake. Have heard nothing but good things about his intakes.

P.S. You could also use a Procharger intake so you could still utilize your factory intercooler. It seems to do alright on the 600+rwhp Procharged Cobras. Probably would be the cheapest way.

cobraracer46

Banned
Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
I hear good things about Boss330's shortrunner intakes- also the mach 1's lower is supposed to flow better than a 99/01 intake- i dunno about the setup with the ram air deal, I believe the maurader has the best flowing intake of all so I imagine that would work- as it doesn't deal with the shaker hoodscoop of the mach, then their is always the Fr500 piece.

The Mach 1 and the 01 Cobra intake are the same. The Maurader intake might be a little diffrent because the trottle body is on the driver's side. SHM sells ported and polished 99 and up Cobra intakes for over a grand and Extrude hone charges about 600 bucks for their port job. I'm going to give the Extrude Hone method a try.;-)

falconetti

IDK
Established Member
does anyone know the steps extrude hone take w/ the intake

just wanted to compare it to mine, got it done here in san antonio and the intake was cut in half the ported and polished and welded back together, and it cost less.

do they do it differently?

BURN0913

Established Member
Is BOSS331/330 on here? If so I would like to ask him if he can make one with a dual set of injector ports. Only feasable way I can come up with to have enough fuel when I want it but not so much at idle or normal driving.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Originally posted by BURN0913
Is BOSS331/330 on here? If so I would like to ask him if he can make one with a dual set of injector ports. Only feasable way I can come up with to have enough fuel when I want it but not so much at idle or normal driving.

http://boss330racing.com/
Hes on svtperformance,corral, and modular fords.

Users who are viewing this thread