Intake Temps on Centri blower cars..

DaveWertz

Established Member
After being victim to the non intercooled centri setup I finally added a FMIC. Haven't got to drive it yet or have it tuned but I am sure I will see drastic changes. Just curious to some of the high intake temps you guys seen Intercooled and non cooled. Also, at what temp does the PCM start to pull timing? I was seeing an average of 140 just cruising. WOT runs I was easily 190-210. My setup was a V1 S-trim on a built bottom end 98 Cobra with a 3.12 pulley and power pipe. IAT sensor was between the blower and TB. I'm sure to be surprised by the way the FMIC lowers IAT and allow for more timing.. What are some temps you guys see?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
what temp it pulls timing and how aggressively depends on your tuner, Im not sure if there's a standard/typical ball park or what.

My car just cruising, along as you're moving the temps are within a few degrees of ambient

DaveWertz

Established Member
what temp it pulls timing and how aggressively depends on your tuner, Im not sure if there's a standard/typical ball park or what.

My car just cruising, along as you're moving the temps are within a few degrees of ambient
I remember in the fall just before I put the car away for the yr, I drove it on a 40 degree night. Thought for sure I would see lower temps. Still hovered around 140. Have my dyno session March 26th. I hope it doesnt snow that day. We have been having snow what seems like every other day here in Central PA. It's driving me nuts.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think I was always within 10 degrees of ambient. I remember one time I freaked out because I saw an IAT over 100 degrees in one of my logs. I looked up the weather for where I had been and it was in the mid to high 90's. That was cruising. I think WOT was similar.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Mine is low but I have a big ass fmic. 23psi at the end of a 1/8th mi pass it’s 116* or so and it’s 70 out side.
Pulling timing depends on so many variables. Mainly fuel though. I run ignite e85. Mine will pull at like 200+

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Even on a small 2 core procharger intercooler and driving on a 60 degree day, I was seeing around 70 degree iat temps at WOT. I'm currently installing a mishimoto r line intercooler which is quite the upgrade so I'm hoping my iats drop significantly

coposrv

Established Member
Even on a small 2 core procharger intercooler and driving on a 60 degree day, I was seeing around 70 degree iat temps at WOT. I'm currently installing a mishimoto r line intercooler which is quite the upgrade so I'm hoping my iats drop significantly
Do you remember the dimensions of the procharger intercooler? I have one that has cast end tanks and procharger says it’s an older 3 core but I have my doubts.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread