Intake Spacer...

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I read some time back a thread where I beleive someone was putting an intake spacer on a 99 or 01 Cobra. I assume it was the one PHP sells for the Mach I. I did a search and can't find that thread specifically and was just wondering what the results where. If I remember correctly they were going to Dyno it (before/after) and give everyone some feedback on if it was worth it or not.

To be more specific, was it ever determined if an Intake Spacer such as the one sold for the Mach I will benifit us cobra owners?

Thanks,

Adam

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Just put one on my cobra the other days. Probably dyno'ing towards the end of the month to get a before and after.

Watch the forums for it.

NoRdO

Established Member
Kar Kraft used to sell one. But they went out of business a while ago. I bought mine from them. I think it made a little more power but I haven't ever had my car on the dyno. If it benefits a mach 1 engine then it will benefit a cobra engine. It increases plenum volume and allows more air to get to the ports.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Kar Kraft used to sell one. But they went out of business a while ago. I bought mine from them. I think it made a little more power but I haven't ever had my car on the dyno. If it benefits a mach 1 engine then it will benefit a cobra engine. It increases plenum volume and allows more air to get to the ports.

They set up shop under the name "Northwood GT"

I guess they wanted to focus on the Ford GT market..

eBay My World - northwoodgt

They normally have a spacer or two on auction all the time.

Also, another member on here makes them...I think he offers them at the same price of $79 shipped with a gasket and bolts.

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
Is this a good mod for a lightly modified engine? Anyone have any results? Hell for $79 bucks even if it netted 1-2 RWHP/TQ its worth it IMO.

Thanks,

Adam

sdg97232

Established Member
what about the egr fitment, any troubles

i have the php 3/8 spacer on my mach, all you have to do is use a small pry bar on the egr to line it up. with a few extra bucks you could delete the egr (if you dont have to test for emissions) and have a handheld tuner to turn the egr off.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
My EGR was deleted before I added the spacer. My first impressions were that the computer needed some time to figure this thing out. When I first took off after the install, the car definitely felt a little less snappy. After a few rolls around the block the snappy came back.

The power seems a little smoother down low. When I took it on the freeway, she seemed a little happier in the upper RPM ranges.

I'll be calling HP Ranch soon to get back on the dyno and see if there is any difference.

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
Glad I got mine when I did. Here's a pic for reference. My EGR hooked back up fine btw.

711.jpg

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Mine is the Karkraft one. Hard to tell if it made any difference though. I did not get a chance to do a before and after dyno. I have a dyno for the car before, but also have added the prochamber, and 4.10s since then. I am dynoing Saturday though. Before on after on two different dynos, 9 months apart. Not really gonna tell us crap.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I should have another order of 3/8" spacers and some 1/4" spacers done in week or two. I'll post back here when they're ready to ship.

My spacers include longer SS bolts and a new OEM Ford intake gasket.

I also have two 1/2 thick FR500 intake spacers available. They include longer hardware but RTV will have to be used for the other gasket. Ford doesn't sell replacement gaskets for the FR500 intake manifold.

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
So most of the guys that have installed these have all done the 3/8" spacers? I assume these all go one relatively easy with no problem...Would there be more benifit to try and go taller 1/2", 3/4", etc.?? I wonder how much of a PITA it becomes when you go larger? I guess you have to ditch the EGR at that point?

Maybe someone can chime in that's dyno'd these things, Curiosity is killing me!

Thanks,

Adam

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
Thanks guys! I just finished reading through the 13 pages of Edrama :)

After all that my head hurts and I read where one person actually took the time to dyno his car after installing a 3/8" spacer with what looked like positive results.

The concept of the mod appears solid, I think I'm going to get one for the hell of it since its cheap and easy to install. fingers crossed my stupid IRS isn't too broke and don't cost me an arm and a leg to fix! Hope to find out tommorow.

Thanks for finding this thread 006, it was an interesting read none the less! I am always amazed at how much more people know about these cars than I ever hope to learn!

-Adam

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I should have another order of 3/8" spacers and some 1/4" spacers done in week or two. I'll post back here when they're ready to ship.

My spacers include longer SS bolts and a new OEM Ford intake gasket.

What are you selling your 3/8" spacers w/ hardware for? I am interested.

Thanks,

Adam

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Adam,
The last run of 3/8" spacers sold for $100 shipped. I'm working on another order of spacers and will post up with prices here in the next few days. If anyone else is interested in a 1/4" or 3/8" spacer post here or pm me.

Thank you,
Anthony
MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS
(785)658-5921

Users who are viewing this thread