Intake spacer install.

Nineonesix

Established Member
I just bought a 1/2 intake spacer.

I was told there was a installation guide///write up but i cant find it..

Also this is from roy is there anything else I might need? This keeps the egr in place and no shaker modification right!?!?

For 130 bucks I just want everything to go right

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
It is pretty self explanitory. As soon as you get under that hood you will see exactly how it does in. Just undo 4 bolts and slid it in which is a pain in the ass. It helps to have a buddy hold the EGR back while your doin it. I didnt have that help, but it will be easier if you do.

Nineonesix

Established Member
It is pretty self explanitory. As soon as you get under that hood you will see exactly how it does in. Just undo 4 bolts and slid it in which is a pain in the ass. It helps to have a buddy hold the EGR back while your doin it. I didnt have that help, but it will be easier if you do.

Well I dont really have any mechanical knowledge and ive been hearing about people ripping gaskets lol. I may have my uncle help, but hes more of an old school guy.

I heard that I need another gasket as well?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well I dont really have any mechanical knowledge and ive been hearing about people ripping gaskets lol. I may have my uncle help, but hes more of an old school guy.

I heard that I need another gasket as well?

A new EGR gasket would be good in case you rip it, or even just because depending on how many miles you have on the car. The biggest pain is that, and aligning the bolts for the EGR so that they go in straight and not strip.

remove the two bolts on teh side of the shaker and the two drain tubes near the fron to remove it. Remove the shaker bracket via the bolts. Undo the EGR bolts, and the bolts holding down the upper intake. Left up the intake and installe the spacer. As pointed out, it helps to have a second hand sometimes. My ex did it virtually by herself (I helped with the bolts to break lose and final tightening, that's all). Having help to hold the EGR in place to insure the bolts go in correctly is a plus as stated as well. replace as removed and your good.

The intake manifold has 8 bolts, IIRC. Don't forget the one (or two) in the back. It's been a while since I done them, but I've done it a few times.

If car runs off afterwards, double check the connections. Usually that is caused from vacuum leak or ripped EGR gasket.

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
DONT OVER TORQUE the intake bolts. There are exact specs it needs to be tightened to! If the EGR does not fit you could always do the delete and use a flash tuner to turn off the CEL. (I can't remember if the .5 in is too tall or not. The shaker will still sit in fine, but you will need to put some spacers to level it out (I believe roy's come with them) I'd do a quick search on the mach 1 reg. to get all of the info you need.

Nineonesix

Established Member
DONT OVER TORQUE the intake bolts. There are exact specs it needs to be tightened to! If the EGR does not fit you could always do the delete and use a flash tuner to turn off the CEL. (I can't remember if the .5 in is too tall or not. The shaker will still sit in fine, but you will need to put some spacers to level it out (I believe roy's come with them) I'd do a quick search on the mach 1 reg. to get all of the info you need.

Well I cant do the egr delete as when it comes to smog time here in cali i dont want to be messing around taking off and putting things on...Cali sucks balls when it comes to cars.

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
You dont have to be mechanical to know how to take off 4 bolts man. It is VERY SELF EXPLANITORY. If your a retard then you may have some trouble

Nineonesix

Established Member
You dont have to be mechanical to know how to take off 4 bolts man. It is VERY SELF EXPLANITORY. If your a retard then you may have some trouble

Its more that I dont have the confidence to do something with the engine the requires taking pieces off. Combine that with the fear ill epically **** things up.. well it happens lol. I still havent gotten it yet. Hopefully itll come tomorrow.

Nineonesix

Established Member
Well I finally gotten around to install it. It wasnt that hard overall, egr gave up a little hassle, but not as much as ive heard. First time I started the car the egr was leaking, but I just tightened up the bolts and it went away.

I dunno if theres a difference I can feel. I dunno if I can feel it or think I feel it.

vols fan

Established Member
I doubt that you really feel it. From what I have read its not that the spacer give you a huge boost at peak hp but that it gives you a 7-10 hp gain across the powerband. I plan on putting my 1/2" spacer and 98 Cobra cams in Wed. or Thurs.

Users who are viewing this thread