Intake Question

MVD

Established Member
I sent a PM to Ken (Hissssnsvt) but seems he is not online much , so I figure one of you guys could answer this anyway. Ken has posted pictures of the straight shot intake he was using on the 3.4 Whipple that consisted of an underhood 12" filter and JLT 110mm MAF meter. That is the basis of the question.....

PM I sent him.......

I had come across a picture of your inlet when you had your 03 and were running the 3.4 Whipple. The inlet (before the throttle body) in the picture I saw consisted of the JLT oval elbow then the JLT 110mm MAF meter then the JLT silicon coupler then "something" then a 12" open filter.

Could you tell me what the "somthing" was between the JLT coupler and the filter? I just can't make out what it is in the picture......and it looks a lot different than the JLT RAI setup.

Seems like most filter kits attach the filter to a MAF adaptor made of like billet aluminum then that bolts to the MAF meter........then of course a couple solicon adaptors and an intake tube of some sort.

Thanks for any info.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I used a piece of 4" O.D. tubing from an old JLT RAI kit I had. I just cut it to work with the 12" filter and 110mm MAF. Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread