Intake only LS2 GTO vs stock 5.0 & eaton swapped mach 1

NightmareTA

Established Member
Ran a buddies brand new 2011 M6 5.0 mustang in my brother's M6 GTO. We tried a bunch of different speeds and swapped the cameraman (me) between the two cars, and the results were damn close.

GTO is intake only, untuned. 5.0 is bone stock with 3.31 gears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFDft4BxNI]2006 6.0 GTO vs 2011 5.0 mustang GT - YouTube

Also ran a kid with an eaton swapped Mach 1. Story behind it is that he was trying to lead us on to believe it was bolt ons/tune only to get a laugh after the race...but it didn't go quite like that, lol. Just one vid, but we ran 4 times with the GTO out front every time. In the vid, he's in 3rd gear, but we did a run after from 2nd gear and the GTO still got out about a car on him.

GTO was tuned in this run and put down 371 RWHP.

Intake/tune 2006 pontiac GTO vs eaton swapped ford mustang Mach 1 - YouTube

Last edited:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Ran a buddies brand new 2011 M6 5.0 mustang in my brother's M6 GTO. We tried a bunch of different speeds and swapped the cameraman (me) between the two cars, and the results were damn close.

GTO is intake only, untuned. 5.0 is bone stock with 3.31 gears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFDft4BxNI]2006 6.0 GTO vs 2011 5.0 mustang GT - YouTube

Also ran a kid with an eaton swapped Mach 1. Story behind it is that he was trying to lead us on to believe it was bolt ons/tune only to get a laugh after the race...but it didn't go quite like that, lol. Just one vid, but we ran 4 times with the GTO out front every time. In the vid, he's in 3rd gear, but we did a run after from 2nd gear and the GTO still got out about a car on him.

GTO was tuned in this run and put down 371 RWHP.

Intake/tune 2006 pontiac GTO vs eaton swapped ford mustang Mach 1 - YouTube

:D InB4TheHeHatesOnMach1s

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I'm sure the fact that it took the guy 6-7 seconds to change gears had something to do with it.

Sounds like his motor was at around 2 grand when he went WOT... It sounds like more of a dyno pull than a roll race.

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
That is a very poorly driven Mach, I just ran an intake tune ls2 GTO in my eaton swapped cobra and had a very different result. Link

Good runs and thanks for sharing :beer:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
That is a very poorly driven Mach, I just ran an intake tune ls2 GTO in my eaton swapped cobra and had a very different result. Link

Good runs and thanks for sharing :beer:

No video No Care.....we need to go back and count how many times we have heard you say this "That is a very poorly driven Mach"..
Is there such thing as a properly driven mustang anymore....damn

2K1 SVT

Established Member
No video No Care.....we need to go back and count how many times we have heard you say this "That is a very poorly driven Mach"..
Is there such thing as a properly driven mustang anymore....damn

Yeah next time I'll pull my phone out while I'm shifting just to make you happy sweet heart. How dense are you?

That Mach should easily put down over 400whp and weighs less than a GTO yet somehow loses.

Common sense > you

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Yeah next time I'll pull my phone out while I'm shifting just to make you happy sweet heart. How dense are you?

That Mach should easily put down over 400whp and weighs less than a GTO yet somehow loses.

Common sense > you

So is it the GTO's fault that the Mach 1 Driver didnt do what he was suppose to :lol1:

NightmareTA

Established Member
The kid def needs a driver mod, but in all honesty, he really didn't seem like he was pulling much even in gear. Don't know if it was heat soak, shit gearing (stock 3.55's), shit driving, or all 3. Fact is, he thought he would smoke us, and he didn't lol.

I believe he made 415 RWHP on a dynojet last I heard. And both cars each had a driver and 1 passenger.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
The kid def needs a driver mod, but in all honesty, he really didn't seem like he was pulling much even in gear. Don't know if it was heat soak, shit gearing (stock 3.55's), shit driving, or all 3. Fact is, he thought he would smoke us, and he didn't lol.

I believe he made 415 RWHP on a dynojet last I heard. And both cars each had a driver and 1 passenger.

Do you know if he had any exhaust mods or an intake or anything? He must have a basically stock swap to only put down 415whp.

Nice looking GTO and it runs strong for just an intake. Any future plans for it?

NightmareTA

Established Member
Do you know if he had any exhaust mods or an intake or anything? He must have a basically stock swap to only put down 415whp.

Nice looking GTO and it runs strong for just an intake. Any future plans for it?

Thanks man. GTO already has a set of Kooks 1 7/8 longtubes on it as of this weekend. Going to see what she'll do at the track in the next week or so.

As far as the mach 1, it's got an intake and exhaust...don't know about headers. I'd guess probably not. Was dyno tuned as well. And 415 rwhp seems pretty respectable to me for a stock pulley eaton swap, since cobras only put down around 370-380 RWHP stock.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Dude, OneBadWS6 knows more about this post than you.

Whats there to know? The Mach put down 415 and is lighter than a GTO that put down 371. Again common sense, the GTO had the driver mod and the Mach had the fail mod.

No shit....its obvious he started in the wrong gear. But that mach was BARLEY coming back if at all.

When you start out of the powerband and granny shift the car is not going to be that fast. 4V's need to rev to make power

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Thanks man. GTO already has a set of Kooks 1 7/8 longtubes on it as of this weekend. Going to see what she'll do at the track in the next week or so.

As far as the mach 1, it's got an intake and exhaust...don't know about headers. I'd guess probably not. Was dyno tuned as well. And 415 rwhp seems pretty respectable to me for a stock pulley eaton swap, since cobras only put down around 370-380 RWHP stock.
Cobras are also running 8.5:1 compression vs the Machs 10.5:1... Stock pully I/E Cobras are generally at 420ish, definitely seems on the low side if it's on a dynojet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread