intake manifold runners stuck

BullittSVT

trustangbro
Established Member
hey i was wondering if you guys know where I can get a intake manifold for a good deal or fix my problem. OBDII says that the runner flaps are stuck open. please help!

:rolling:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Your IMRC actuator is shot, you can try to take it apart and clean it on the off chance the gears aren't stripped.

A new one from us is $186.00 plus shipping and I do have them in stock.

-Steve

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
i tried to purchase it today but it says that the intake manifold is discontinued. please advise. thanks

You don't need an intake manifold, you need the IMRC actuator.

Just order by part number.

Go to the main page and enter 2M5Z9J559BB in the search window, select Ford from the drop down and it should come up at $186.30.

Or just give a call.

-Steve

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Though I haven't talked to Steve in awhile, I always considered it like calling Santa Clause as a kid. :D

Steve, as a newby SVTF owner, how often do the IMRCs have problems and need actuators? I ask because for my '98 Cobra, I've replaced them thrice, and had to order the last two, used at that, off eBay. I guess what I'm asking is, would it be a good idea to order one now while they are available if I plan on keeping this running for many years?

Last edited:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I didn't have to replace my IMRC actuator until I was past 100k so they can hold up pretty well.

As you already know it's a very different system than used in the old Cobrtas.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I didn't have to replace my IMRC actuator until I was past 100k so they can hold up pretty well.

As you already know it's a very different system than used in the old Cobrtas.

Actually I haven't looked at how it works yet. I'm still learning the car, and have been toying with brakes and suspension mostly. All I've done to the motor is change oil/filter and a cracked thermostat housing. I don't even have a shop manual yet. I'm trying to find which one covers the SVT model the best.

Thanks for the info.

cjwhitaker07

i've found that the 24v taurus has the same actuator and got 3 or 4 from the junk yard for like 5 bucks a piece. all i had to do is re-mount it under the battery box bc of the shorter cable. works great just have to be careful not to stress out that shotty plastic piece the cable attaches too cause it breaks. they have a billet one on a few websites for like 20 bucks to replace the plastic one. deffinately a way to go since mines almost to 200K miles i want it to last to 300 lol

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
i've found that the 24v taurus has the same actuator and got 3 or 4 from the junk yard for like 5 bucks a piece. all i had to do is re-mount it under the battery box bc of the shorter cable. works great just have to be careful not to stress out that shotty plastic piece the cable attaches too cause it breaks. they have a billet one on a few websites for like 20 bucks to replace the plastic one. deffinately a way to go since mines almost to 200K miles i want it to last to 300 lol

The original 2002 lever was weak, Ford redesigned it later and added a roll pin to the stud which made it much stronger.

My stock lever broke shortly after I bought mine at around 45000, I did a home fix that lasted about six months and then replaced mine with the reinforced one from Ford and it's held up fine ever since.

davegess

Established Member
Mines not broken but it keeps hanging up just long enough to throw that code. It works OK, car runs great just can't keep the Check engine light off. PIA to replace the unit.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I just repaired mine. I haven't put it back on yet. There are two most likely causes of the code. One is the contacts. They can be cleaned with some fine sand paper or emery cloth. The other (mine had this problem) is broken solder joints on the board. I just reflowed mine today and plan to get it put back on this weekend. It's not too bad to get to. You have to remove the air filter box and battery and battery tray.

Users who are viewing this thread