insurance???

snakebitezz

does anyone have any idea or an estimate of how much it would be to insure an 03 cobra being that im 18-its red and on top of that its a convertable? but im geting it for 11k off of my dads friend but it all depends on how much the insurance is goin to be so please help.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
So how much for it total?

Why don't you got to geico, progressive or any other site and do their onlie quotes? Also a lot of the people here are older so their insurance costs less. I probably pay more for my 98 GT than a lot of these older guys pay on their 03.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Hell, most of the big companies quote online. Go to the website and fill out the info.

Off the top of my head...with a perfect record....Alot.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Hmmm, NJ

fuggetaboutit

To all you younguns who want a Terminator:

they're tough and will be around for a long time! :-D

Last edited:

sicfast

Established Member
honestly, when i bought my terminator i had statefarm. full coverage w/ $1000 ded. was $800/mo (no shit) i didnt care because i was making SHITLOADS of money at the time. i got them to reduce it to $500/mo taking a stupid safety course. a year later i switched to wawanesa and was paying $250/mo for the same coverage. about a year into that i switched to progressive and shelled out $230/mo, still with progressive and now pay $130/mo.

all these rates were with a clean driving record, and i had just turned 20. i'm now 24.

insurance will OWN you!

04_Mach1

Established Member
Becareful, people are going to flame you for being 18 with a 03 cobra. Hopefully its affordable for you. That's all I have to say.:rolling:

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
Im 26 with one ticket in the past three years. I pay $119 per month plus another $30 for my DD tahoe (liability only) and thats with a $1000 deduct. The $500 deduct was not much more, so I may switch to that but honestly, who cares about deduct.

FWIW, my one ticket is costing me $158 per year extra and will drop off next july when ins renews.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
Yeah, being an 18 year old, it's going to be a lot. Is there any way you could insure under your parents? You could possibly get extra discounts that way. My company (American Family) rates young drivers really high because of the risk associated. 99% of companies are the same. It also varies depending on the type of coverage you want. You could get it more reasonable if you went with your state's minimum liability limits and no comprehensive or collision coverage, but you could possibly be under insured.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
yup its going to be a lot if you don't insure it under someone else. i got one quoted when i was looking for a Terminator but it only went up like $20 with USAA compared to my 97 Cobra. i pay $129 for 2 cars full coverage......
how much was the car in total?

txyaloo

Established Member
Im 26 with one ticket in the past three years. I pay $119 per month plus another $30 for my DD tahoe (liability only) and thats with a $1000 deduct. The $500 deduct was not much more, so I may switch to that but honestly, who cares about deduct.

FWIW, my one ticket is costing me $158 per year extra and will drop off next july when ins renews.

You're going to care a whole lot if you ever get into a wreck or burglarized. $100 out of pocket is a lot nicer than $1000.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
NJ is gonna kill the rate, they are very high, that on top of the 18 will hurt you as well. The other question you have to ask is what is your record like? any tickets?

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
You're going to care a whole lot if you ever get into a wreck or burglarized. $100 out of pocket is a lot nicer than $1000.

:knockonwood: never been in an accident or had a car stolen/broken into thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread