Insurance

Planeswalker

Established Member
Was checking on home owners insurance today and my current auto insurance company (USAA) was really expensive for home owners, so I called around and by far the lowest quote I got was from Liberty Mutual. They also quoted significant savings on my cars and offered $25k coverage on aftermarket parts which is important for my 2013 Roush and 2013 modded Shelby.

Does anybody use Liberty Mutual or have advice on using them? I know with USAA I will have no hassle if anything ever happens to my Shelby.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My wife and I were with USAA for ~25yrs. They are NOT member-oriented, like they USED TO BE. Following multiple BAD experiences with them (e.g., unpleasant claim experiences, unjustified premium increases, and inexplicable coverage reductions) we pulled ALL of our business (insurance and banking) from them.

No experience with Liberty Mutual, but we've now been with Amica (insurance) for several years, and are VERY impressed. While not as cheap as USAA, their service is what USAA USED TO BE. (Sometimes, you get what you pay for.) We've had one major (totaled vehicle) and several minor (glass) claims with Amica. Every one has been handled promptly and professionally. The premium increase from my teenage son's foolishness was reasonable, if there is such a thing.

raustin0017

Established Member
Have been with USAA for as long as they started letting us Enlisted guys/gals join the club. Everything I have is with them and I'm 100% pleased with service, claims and cost. Latest example was a lighting strike that hit the outside cable box. 100% replacement for all new electronics to include TV, receiver, speakers, subwoofer, wireless router, phones, etc... I paid $500 they covered the rest. No questions asked and never had any problem with any claim.

Van@RevanRacing

Homeowners insurance in Florida SUCKS!! $4,500 a year. Cuz of them damn hurricanes. State Farm is good for auto coverage depending on who you get as an agent. Buddy of mine had a DUI on his record and was with GEICO. I told him to call State Farm and they took the DUI off the record because it was over five years at the time and GEICO wanted to continue the uncharge. Usually the best policy to insure for the mods and get actual coverage. It will cost more but if something happens you're covered.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Had the same ins. co. for 20+ years...................till I got the 11, that co. wanted $ 1200.00 / yr., just for it. Found a co. that would cover it & my 2007 Ranger for 789 / 6 months....( & more coverage )
I shop for insurance each year, always wind up with a major co. @ a good rate. ( currently with Travelers )
( 11 & 14 Shelby, + Ranger + house )
............................Most co.'s have a " new customer discount " !!!

RLL

Established Member
Insurance is a big game in Florida. Be glad you don't live here. Had State Farm for 38 years, then they dropped my home owners. I get a letter from State Farm when my Auto Ins. is due that I no longer get a multi policy discount. What a bunch of slime balls. Anyway, I'm on my 4th company in 8 years. State Farm. Safeco, 21st Century, GEICO. They suck you in with a decent premium then up it 5% to 10% every six months there after, even with no tickets or accidents. Currently with GEICO. GT 500 is part of 3 car policy, use it for pleasure only. GT 500 costs approx. $300 for six months. I know its a hassle but I shop my coverage was soon as they start the 5% to 10% premium increases BS. And the Government says there is no inflation.

Users who are viewing this thread