Established Member
USAA San Diego, CA
Monthly Payment: 100
COMP deductible: 500
COLLISION deductible: 500
TICKETS or POINTS: None

Quickstang5o

Established Member
Man I thought mine was cheap. I guess the tickets killed me.
210 a month
Age 22
With 2 speeding tickets 25+mph over

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Mine is $700 a year. It dropped $200 going from my 2003 Gt to my 2011gt. Go figure lol. Lady said the 2011 is way safer

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
This and many other factors that include state law, credit worthiness, vehicle loss statistics etc.

Although this is a nice thread to compare what people are paying, don't expect to be able to go to an insurer and say "so and so pays this, that should be my rate."

Things like other books of business also adjust the cost. Nearly every insurer gives you discounts for bundling multiple policies. That can change the numbers as well.

This thread is also missing some important information about the type of coverage held. Depending on the insurer, person, region etc there can be a huge difference from a policy with a minimum of 25,000 in coverage vs one that covers hundreds of thousands in damages. There's also riders for uninsured and underinsured motorists, glass coverage, roadside assistance, rental car etc.

It's not really just "full coverage" since there's a lot of disconnect there.

My policy runs me about $75 per month for the following.

$100,000/300,000 auot/property liability
$500 comp
$1000 collision
No deductible glass
$10,000 medical payments
Rental reimbursement
uninsured/underinsured

My policy has discounts for multiple cars as well as multiple insurance lines.

I am 29 with no tickets/accidents. State Farm.

And to top that off in Florida you have to have PIP coverage (personal injury policy) Another fee on top of medical.
I have
100,000/250,000 property damage
250 comp
500 collision
25,000 medical
25,000 PIP
Rental
uninsured motorist.
$85 monthly, with 0 tickets in the past 30 years. and two accidents minor and not my fault, Multiply car policy
The GT is $18 more a month than my Lightning. with the same coverage.

Scotty07

Loser
Established Member
This and many other factors that include state law, credit worthiness, vehicle loss statistics etc.

Although this is a nice thread to compare what people are paying, don't expect to be able to go to an insurer and say "so and so pays this, that should be my rate."

Things like other books of business also adjust the cost. Nearly every insurer gives you discounts for bundling multiple policies. That can change the numbers as well.

This thread is also missing some important information about the type of coverage held. Depending on the insurer, person, region etc there can be a huge difference from a policy with a minimum of 25,000 in coverage vs one that covers hundreds of thousands in damages. There's also riders for uninsured and underinsured motorists, glass coverage, roadside assistance, rental car etc.

It's not really just "full coverage" since there's a lot of disconnect there.

My policy runs me about $75 per month for the following.

$100,000/300,000 auot/property liability
$500 comp
$1000 collision
No deductible glass
$10,000 medical payments
Rental reimbursement
uninsured/underinsured

My policy has discounts for multiple cars as well as multiple insurance lines.

I am 29 with no tickets/accidents. State Farm.

FINALLY! Someone on here gets it. There are way too many factors to make insurance comparisons worthwhile.

mcduffer7

Established Member
$49
$500
$500
41 years old
0 tickets

That's State Farm with top coverages in IL

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
FINALLY! Someone on here gets it. There are way too many factors to make insurance comparisons worthwhile.

I worked for State Farm auto company for many years. It would sadden me if I didn't.

But yes, you can't compare insurance rates. It's different for everyone.

Scotty07

Loser
Established Member
I worked for State Farm auto company for many years. It would sadden me if I didn't.

But yes, you can't compare insurance rates. It's different for everyone.
I was with AmFam for many years. Switched to State Farm about four years ago. Lower rates, more coverage (I have a lot of assets so I carry a lot of insurance), great to deal with, and my agent is always looking for ways to save me $$$.

kingnut

Established Member

your missing the point of this thread. its for informational purposes to help buyers in the same area, around the same age, and driving record. to give them a good idea if they are paying to much. it also lets people all around the U.S. see how insurance premiums differ for the same exact car one state over. please stop putting down this thread.

faztcobra

Established Member
$81
No tickets in 5 years
I have Geico.

I left All State a couple years back and they called and wanted to regain my biz. $50 more a month. And they wonder why I left...

Scotty07

Loser
Established Member
your missing the point of this thread. its for informational purposes to help buyers in the same area, around the same age, and driving record. to give them a good idea if they are paying to much. it also lets people all around the U.S. see how insurance premiums differ for the same exact car one state over. please stop putting down this thread.
And I think you are missing the point that none of this matters because your original post is not asking enough, or the right questions. Posts like this CAN be quite informative if you have an understanding of the insurance industry and what drives their costs and rates. The questions you asked are only a small part of it.

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

It doesn't work that way. Actuarials are about the most complicated base of statistics that you could ever wrap your head around.

You could be the same age, sex and marital status as the guy next door and drive the exact same cars. You could have a huge swing in premium from the same company.

Here's just a "short" list of things that insurance companies take in to account when assigning risk and thus premium. These are not in order of importance or anyway a weighting of statistics.

Primary address of vehicle
Garaged or not
miles driven on average
vehicle type
vehicle trim
vehicle loss statistics for area
vehicle loss statistics total
age of driver
sex of driver
how many drivers on policy
youngest driver on policy
vehicle primary use
credit worthiness of driver
driver's loss history
dmv records
accident records (both at fault and not at fault)
marital status (single, married, divorced, widowed)
time spent uninsured if applicable
retention records and how often you move your policy
state guidelines for insurance minimums

The list goes on an on. You will never be able to average premiums even with a sampling from the same company and the same area of like age and sex persons. State Farm Auto for instance has 80 years of statistics backing it's premium rates.

I know this thread is in good conscious, but what you're asking and trying to decipher is not possible.

As an example, my friend and roommate is around my age, has about the same credit worthiness as me, is a professional yada yada. We share a LOT of the same actuarial traits. He drives a different car certainly, but where State Farm tends to view me favorably, they don't view him that way at all. His rates at time quoted from State Farm are near triple what I pay.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
guys how much you paying for full coverage... in the following format please.

Monthly Payment:
COMP deductible:
COLLISION deductible:

$170
$500
$500
7 or so years ticket free
Geico

Price of having a muscle car in the city... Probably be half this or better if I lived out of nyc proper... Can't wait to move, lol...

BryanW

Established Member
$170
$500
$500
7 or so years ticket free
Geico

Price of having a muscle car in the city... Probably be half this or better if I lived out of nyc proper... Can't wait to move, lol...

Have you tried Grundy ? They are out of PA.. 170 a month holy chit I'd get a new addy

Do you get much snow there?

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Have you tried Grundy ? They are out of PA.. 170 a month holy chit I'd get a new addy

Do you get much snow there?

car is my daily, so I am fully covered with no restrictions. I have no garage, just a gated driveway. So specialty car insurance is out. And 170 is not bad at all for nyc, its a different ball game here than what most people have to deal with. I know plenty of people paying 300 plus a month.

BV600

Established Member
$150
500 Euro
500 Euro
No tickets
Had USAA but they wanted $440 a month for full coverage. Germany is expensive, you have to have something like 1 or 2 Million Euro Coverage in Germany

acrbill

Established Member
Funny thing.

I just traded my Base 2011 for a Premium 2011 and my monthly went up $1.50.

In order to switch the new car over online at statefarm.com I filled out the online quote and switched it over. For shits and giggles I got a quote for a 2010 Lamborghini Mercialago. Only $229 a month! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread