Insurance Help

Adower

Established Member
I have a 05 6.0 limited ford excursion that is being totaled out by my insurance company. They've given me a value of the vehicle which I feel is low. They said if I can find comps with higher values they would adjust the payout.

Does anyone know of a website where I can find the price of sold/listed excursions in a specific area? I've tried craigslist but there were not any comparable vehicles to mine.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Have they only made 1 offer?
NEVER accept the first insurance offer. Ever.

With that said, check BaT, or maybe finished eBay auctions.
BaT shows values of past sales in a graph.

What's the KBB say about the value?

Last edited:

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 05 6.0 limited ford excursion that is being totaled out by my insurance company. They've given me a value of the vehicle which I feel is low. They said if I can find comps with higher values they would adjust the payout.

Does anyone know of a website where I can find the price of sold/listed excursions in a specific area? I've tried craigslist but there were not any comparable vehicles to mine.
Go to car gurus and do a nationwide search. There is a handful on there.

Adower

Established Member
Have they only made 1 offer?
NEVER accept the first insurance offer. Ever.

With that said, check BaT, or maybe finished eBay auctions.
BaT shows values of past sales in a graph.

What's the KBB say about the value?
Correct. So far they've made one offer of $24K. However, anything similar I find is near 28K-30K.

Adower

Established Member
Go to car gurus and do a nationwide search. There is a handful on there.
Unfortunately, they said the vehicle needs to be in the local area to consider it a comp so I cant use a nationwide search.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Correct. So far they've made one offer of $24K. However, anything similar I find is near 28K-30K.

Straight up tell them you decline the offer. They will come back with a second offer, every time.
Is the truck still at the tow yard?

Adower

Established Member
Straight up tell them you decline the offer. They will come back with a second offer, every time.
Is the truck still at the tow yard?
Yes, the truck is still in the tow yard. I haven't accepted any offer.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
IMO, they've made your case for a higher price by their insistence to find one locally.
They are uncommon, highly sought after SUVs.
Don't know about now, but, "They were the largest SUV on the planet".

Obtain prices of vehicles exactly, or as close as you can, to yours, regardless of distance. Use that to determine you FMP.

Also, use all the records and pics you can to justify your price.

@13COBRA

BTW, Tow yard? I never let them take MY vehicle, unless it's being used for a criminal investigation.
It is not theirs. It's mine.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, the truck is still in the tow yard. I haven't accepted any offer.

Excellent.
Hold.
The longer you take to agree on a price, the longer it will sit at the tow yard and gain fees for the insurance company. They want a deal done ASAP.
Is this your insurance company, or was there another party at fault?

C2tuck

Established Member
Unfortunately, they said the vehicle needs to be in the local area to consider it a comp so I cant use a nationwide search.

This is bullshit. When you have a vehicle that is hard to find, they have to cast a wider net. Hold and start climbing the ladder till you get to the executive level if you have to.

I’d give them an example of:

Say I had a Ferrari F50 that got totaled out…you going to make me find one in my area for sale?

Insurance agent will say “well that’s different”, then ask them to explain how so when your talking about rare vehicles that aren’t produced anymore.

Oh, and when they get done trying to argue and are sitting on the other end of the line in silence, don’t say a word. First person to speak loses.

Old boss told me that years ago and I’ll be damned if it isn’t usually true.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
This is definitely a strong case for collector insurance. I really need to look into it ASAP

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
This is definitely a strong case for collector insurance. I really need to look into it ASAP

Important part is AGREED VALUE.

OP there are also people that do this for a living, I believe the fee structure is X% of whatever you get above the original offer but have not dealt with it personally

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Important part is AGREED VALUE.

OP there are also people that do this for a living, I believe the fee structure is X% of whatever you get above the original offer but have not dealt with it personally

Yes, the agreed value is what I was referring to.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ran into the same thing on a car. Spent two days finding examples of vehicles that where not as good (higher mileage, fewer options ect) that were asking more money than the Ins company was offering. They ended up agreeing to the higher value.

Adower

Established Member
Excellent.
Hold.
The longer you take to agree on a price, the longer it will sit at the tow yard and gain fees for the insurance company. They want a deal done ASAP.
Is this your insurance company, or was there another party at fault?
It's my insurance company. Someone tried to steal the vehicle and did a whole slew of damage.

Users who are viewing this thread