Insurance for your SN-95

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
I was wondering if any of you use your Cobra on a very limited basis, and what kind of INS. you have for it. I thought I had read about INS for Cobras that were used on a very limited basis, but I couldnt find it anywhere. IF anyone could point me in the right direction or give me some tips, I would really apreciate it. Dont plan on putting more than maybe 1500 miles on it a yr.(probably less). Thanks....If this is a repost sorry guys.

Jav

joec

Established Member
my insurance company has a special rate if you drive it less than X number of miles per year. But maybe it's just a thing for my insurance company? I know you have to meet certain criteria. *shrug*

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
My plan is called "Fu*k you, we are taking all of your money". Mine with full coverage and being 21, also with "pleasure use" and garage kept on the policy... I pay 3500 yr.

Last edited:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Almost any insurance company can list you Cobra as a "pleasure vehicle" as long as you have another for daily duty on your policy. Prices go way down in this case.

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Hmm...Im with Geico too, and they told me the car wasnt OLD enough. Im wondering now if he thought I wanted it listed as a classic? Theres gotta be a way. Im currently insuring an 05 Ford 500 Limited and a 05 FORD 150 4X4.....and not sure what to do with the Cobra which only has about 34,000 miles on it now.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
The car usually has to be 10+ years old to qualify for the "antique" insurance you see in the MCA Mustang Times magazine. I changed to Allstate when I bought mine. I was paying $286 for 6 months with another company on an 86 GT and I only pay $320 for 6 mos for the 97 Cobra with Allstate. Farmers and State Farm couldn't touch it.

MARK C

Established Member
ReVviNg HiGh said:
My plan is called "Fu*k you, we are taking all of your money". Mine with full coverage and being 21, also with "pleasure use" and garage kept on the policy... I pay 3500 yr.

:rolling: Love your post!!

Can you a multi car discount? I have my jeep and my house with state farm. I only pay 1100 a year on my Cobra.

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Hershey Man......that quote you have for the 97 Cobra; is that full-coverage? Dam thats not bad at all.

CobraComander

Established Member
I just switched to Allstate and I am paying $185 for 6 months. But that is with no tickets, no accidents (nock on wood), multi car, multi line discounts. And that is with unlimited miles. Allstate smokes State Farm's rates!

NickF1011

Established Member
CobraComander said:
I just switched to Allstate and I am paying $185 for 6 months. But that is with no tickets, no accidents (nock on wood), multi car, multi line discounts. And that is with unlimited miles. Allstate smokes State Farm's rates!

I switched to Allstate as well when I picked up my Mazda6 daily driver. Insurance on the Cobra now is about the same as what you're paying. Woohoo!

STATE FARM ~> :burn: <~ ALLSTATE

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
JAVZCOBRA said:
Hershey Man......that quote you have for the 97 Cobra; is that full-coverage? Dam thats not bad at all.
Yep, rate includes married with clean record, 25+ years old, full coverage with $500 deduct and home insurance too.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Last summer before I left for school I was looking into seasonal insurance for mine.

As it turned out, seasonal insurance would cost me more than having the car insured year round under full coverage. Ain't that a crock of shit...

Users who are viewing this thread