INSTANT DEATH. C6 Z06 vs. C5 Z06

loudpipes

Cheating Death Since '81
Established Member
Cliff Notes: New Z06 stomps my C5 Z06 HARD. From a roll, then a dig. But dam it was fun!

Around 9pm Saturday night, I decided to make quick run for some food. By my house there's a road called 'Saint Rose', it's wide, 3 lanes in both directions, and goes STRAIGHT for about 4 or 5 miles. Needless to say, there's a lot of racing action on it.

I'm driving normally, not looking for any action, and waiting for a left turn light. Then I see some HIDs coming up behind me fast. Once it's closer I hear a loud-ass rev. It's a brand new black Z06. I put the window down and say, "I think I like yours better!" He's a YOUNG kid, maybe 19 or 20. He says, "Hey want to run 'em? Do you have time?"

I laugh and say sure, because I know I'm about to get drug up and down the street. My light turns green, I u-turn and he follows. There's NO traffic ahead of us and I honk 3 times and we take off from about 40. Needless to say I am murdered by atleast 6 carlengths. Could've been more, couldve been less, but it was hard to judge because I was just watching this thing in action and listening to how LOUD it got after the exhaust opened up.

I catch up, smile, give him a thumbs up and he yells over, "Let's go from a stop."

What the hell, why not? hahah

We stop, I honk it off 3 times, and I stay even with him until he catches traction in 2nd and slingshots past me like I was tied to a pole :D I don't like losing, but it was a pleasure to see that thing in action and hear that 427 roar.

I give him a final wave and make it back to the light where we met and we turn opposite ways, really cool guy.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
the c6 is definately badass man.. too bad you didnt get some video of it.

BiZ

Established Member
There is no shame losing to a car of the C6 Z06's caliber. The out of the box performance of the car is just incredible, 505hp and 3100lbs is a dangerous combo.

My only issue with the car is the quality of the interior. But I guess that's why it's the performance bargin of the century.

FSSNK

Established Member
Nice death but I dont care for the body style more than my C5 Z06. Put some mods on yours like Im doing and then race again., I think the C6 will be surprised.

C6 Z06

Established Member
FSSNK said:
Nice death but I dont care for the body style more than my C5 Z06. Put some mods on yours like Im doing and then race again., I think the C6 will be surprised.

Yes, but what happens when you mod a C6 Z like I did. Does that make it faster also!!:-D

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Isn't the C6 Z06 3192 pounds?

And is only .7 sec faster?

I know, I can be a smart ass.

Nice runs.

loudpipes

Cheating Death Since '81
Established Member
philip said:
what are your mods? ive got an 04 C5 Z06

The motor is 100% stock, only mods on the car are rotors and HP pads. I'm more of a track junkie than anything. This was too sweet to pass up though, I can never find other vettes to play with here in town.

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
loudpipes said:
The motor is 100% stock, only mods on the car are rotors and HP pads. I'm more of a track junkie than anything. This was too sweet to pass up though, I can never find other vettes to play with here in town.

thats cool. i've got LG pro longtubes (no cats), Halltec intake and a tune on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread