Installing springs... anyone know someone in the Bellevue/Redmond/Bothell areas?

Joe5.0

Established Member
3300 is ridiculous. they said it took 14 hrs to get the heads off Bull**** took me and my dad under 5 easily. They still owe us 1 dyno run and we will get it tuned there i suppose. Free of charge would be nice.

C Weil

Established Member
I honestly don't think that $3300 is that bad to remove heads, replace some valves, clean, resurface, etc the heads, then reinstall them. Especially since this isn't a shop that specializes in Mustangs, so it's going to take them longer than a shop that does because they don't do it as often. There's a lot of work going in there, because you have to remove basically EVERYTHING to get to them. And then put it all back together.

Think about it this way...now it's just another step closer to being drivable again, and that's the most important thing. :)

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
If it took 14 hrs to get the heads off, how long did it take to put them back on? I have found it always takes longer to put it back together than take it apart. If it takes 14 to put back together then that is a total of 28 hrs and figure about $100/hr=$2800, not too far off. 14 hrs does seem a little long though.

I'll bet I could tear that thing down in 3...oh, you wanted to put it back together? :)

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
$3300 was for everything, start to finish, removal and install plus the head work and parts right? If so thats not too bad. We all know labor aint cheap.

86strokerlx

Ford dreamer
Established Member
I'm a former technician of several years so I'm pretty fast. I've got lowering solid axle Mustangs down to about an hour and a half by myself. IRS takes longer but if anyone needs some service stuff done, let me know as I could always meet more Mustang owners(can always use a little cash too). I also do SCT tuning. We just got the program to tune the '05 as well. If interested, let me know or email the business. www.tractionlimited.com

Thanks,
Mike- Redmond, WA
[email protected]

C Weil

Established Member
Wow, do you have a dyno, Mike? Awesome to see new startups in Redmond!! I've right off Avondale, so when I get back in December I'll have to come check out the shop (do you have one yet?)! I haven't decided where to get my car dyno'd yet, either, so I would love to check it out if presumably you'll have one. Very cool!

C Weil

Established Member
mean saleen said:
Yea 75 dollars an hour. 14 hrs just to take off. And a cobra motor for 6 k? alls ive seen is 12k.

$12k would be for an '03/'04 Cobra motor. The 99/01/Mach1 are about $5500-$7000, less on Ebay.

tarch

I LUB RAIN!
Established Member
86strokerlx said:
I'm a former technician of several years so I'm pretty fast. I've got lowering solid axle Mustangs down to about an hour and a half by myself. IRS takes longer but if anyone needs some service stuff done, let me know as I could always meet more Mustang owners(can always use a little cash too). I also do SCT tuning. We just got the program to tune the '05 as well. If interested, let me know or email the business. www.tractionlimited.com

Thanks,
Mike- Redmond, WA
[email protected]
can you do Foci fuel remaps?

86strokerlx

Ford dreamer
Established Member
tarch said:
can you do Foci fuel remaps?

can tune anything Ford with EEC IV and up. the company, www.tractionlimited.com is fairly new and i'm trying to promote the business. for now, the bosses are building a blown LS6 powered Ulitma GTR. the '03 Cobra the bossman had went 474rwhp and 490rwtq on Intech's dyno. Consequently, the dyno we will use until we get the time to get a shop of our own. basically, i'm happy to do service work for folks but anything more than the slightly more than difficult stuff i don't have the space to do. we're a Superchips SCT dealer as well as a Racelogic traction control distributor. i need about 5 folks that need tuning done before i can book the dyno. if interested, email [email protected] and let him know Mike told you to contact him. he'll be able to break down costs, etc. he's one of the bosses. they're very busy so i'm trying to help promote the business. let me know! thanks, mike

Tylerb59

Established Member
I believe so.

Glad to see he has that business up and running, is he still at Loudeye?

Last edited:

86strokerlx

Ford dreamer
Established Member
RickSvt said:
Is the guy with the cobra go by the username dataangel???? Drives a Silver 03???

rick

That's the bossman. He's busy with work and since I have the time, I'm trying to help out as much as I can. I need to develop the interest and the clientele before he can justify going futher along in the journey, you know? Unfortunately, he got rid of his car. :cryying:

Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up sometime. Either that or finish my stroker project and promote the business with that. You can now email me at [email protected] for service and tuning questions!

For those of you who are interested in the Cobra parts I am selling:
Please do not PM me. I can't send pics that way. If you're interested in parts, PLEASE EMAIL. Include your address so I can calculate shipping as well as your username so I can keep all this stuff straight and not sell it to mulitple users. Thanks! Mike

my personal email is:
[email protected]

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
So are all of these parts his??? I have talked to him a few times, and he was working on getting a traction control unit installed, how did that turn out??? Pros cons???

Rick

86strokerlx

Ford dreamer
Established Member
RickSvt said:
So are all of these parts his??? I have talked to him a few times, and he was working on getting a traction control unit installed, how did that turn out??? Pros cons???

Rick

These parts are his. He's been too busy to list them. Next time I can, I'll talk to him about the T/C stuff. I'd love to get that working. I'm thinking it'll probably find it's way onto the Ultima GTR. Just a guess.... :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread