Installing MagnaPack mufflers on MagnaFlow cat-back

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Has anyone installed MagnaPack mufflers on a MagnaFlow cat-back? Is it a direct swap of the mufflers? Or are there any modifications that have to be made?

-Nino

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I don't know, but guarantee if you find out and package a magnapack c/b for the 03's you would have a line of cutomers wanting to order...

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Do the clamps not work on the MagnaPacks for some reason? Please state if you have first hand knowledge.

Last edited:

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Originally posted by 500hp03Snake
Yea, its a direct swap... its fairly simple... just need to be able to weld. you'll love them btw

I see that you have this system. Why is it that the 'Packs can't be clamped on like the big mufflers?

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Nino
I see that you have this system. Why is it that the 'Packs can't be clamped on like the big mufflers?

The pipes that run off them are 2.5"

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Its a little late for Magnaflow now. People have been requesting this for a while. Nothing happened so they started cutting and welding. Kinda stupid they would not make a Magnapak system for IRS cobras. A lot of cobra owners want loud exhaust.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
i strongly believe that the mangapacks will bolt right up if ur current SS mufflers arent welded on.

sorry i had a shop install my but from what i saw way back when, it was a direct bolt on.

500hp03Cobra

Established Member
What was said above is right... they dont make a system for IRS. You just have to cut and weld... it isnt a big deal though...

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
How much can you get the packs for Nino, just the mufflers?? I would be interested in a set

rIck

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
OK... I have a mangaflow cat back that i am gonna swap out the ss mufflers for magnapacks. I have an 03 cobra engine in a fox body with BBK headers and BBK h-pipe how loud are we talking about here??

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
My idea is to create an altenative to the Stinger system. I can sell a Cobra MagnaFlow cat-back and two 'Pack mufflers for much less than the Cobra Stinger system. But for most folks it would only be worthwhile if it's a direct swap.

RickSVT, The 'Pack mufflers are $69.95 each. But if you would like to give me a definitive answer as to whether they are a direct clamp-on fit, I will sell them to you at cost. If it turns out they are not, then you can have them welded on. Call me tomorrow if you are interested. 1-866-646-6776.

-Nino

Jr Mint

Established Member
Can magnapack mufflers be welded into my STOCK system?? Should be no problem as long as i weld them in RIGHT? If so...Nino ill take a set

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
are the magnapacks basically the same magnaflow sound but just louder than the mufflers that come with the cat-back system? are the systems for an 01' and 03' cobra the same? someone give me a part # for the magapacks or a website. thanks

Black03WPB

Established Member
I used to have magnapacks with a catted x pipe.. I'll tell you right now, its one of the best sounding cars Ive ever heard..

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
I run the Magnapacs with the Catted Maagnflow X-Pipe (See sig) and I can tell you FIRST HANd that they WILL NOT Bolt on...PERIOD!!! You need to have them welded on (no biggie at all) and for the sound and performance, there is no better combo out there at present!!!

~ Fresh :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread