Installing JPC's fuel system, question

GBCoyote

Established Member
Can't you tee off your vaccum that runs to your bov? I have a vaccum block that's in the line from the intake to brake booster, run my bov, fuel pressure reg, gauge and meth of that

So it's supposed to be T'd from the BOV to the regulator?

GBCoyote

Established Member
http://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/31-100.htm Would this be optimal for what I'm trying to achieve here?

Also, now that the fuel system replaced my adapter for my fuel rails with a sender unit for my gauge, I'm looking to find another fitting for this system that I can screw my sender unit in to monitor my cabin gauge for fuel pressure. I've looked on Fore's website but I'm unsure what size I need for the budget E85 system I have.

Bradleypro

Established Member
Yeah you can install that and run your bov, gauge and fuel pressure regulator off if and it'll look clean. If I knew how to attach a pic up here I'd show you mine. I got mine from summi racing I think

Slowb00st

Established Member
http://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/31-100.htm Would this be optimal for what I'm trying to achieve here?

Also, now that the fuel system replaced my adapter for my fuel rails with a sender unit for my gauge, I'm looking to find another fitting for this system that I can screw my sender unit in to monitor my cabin gauge for fuel pressure. I've looked on Fore's website but I'm unsure what size I need for the budget E85 system I have.

Normally the fuel pressure regulator has an 1/8 npt port to monitor the fuel pressure. Your sender should fit right in.

GBCoyote

Established Member
It has a liquid filled gauge hooked onto it already. I'm going to keep it there for peace of mind and ease of adjustment.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Typically you can T into your BOV to get a vac / boost reference.

If your looking to run 2 fuel pressure gauges then yes the fitting above would work well to do what your trying to achieve.

As far as the vacuum manifold goes that is one way to go about it.

GBCoyote

Established Member
The instructions I received state that I can only have a maximum of 13 inches of vacuum line to get my boost reference from. My BOV is much farther than that. Am I missing something simple and stupid?

GBCoyote

Established Member
Talked to Aaron on the phone today about this issue, he stated that you can tap into the brake booster line for this regardless if it's an automatic or not. Just wanted to update for anyone having this question later on.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Anybody have a recommendation for setting the fuel pressure for the regulator? I was going to leave it at 56psi.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Also I started the car up finally after getting it all buttoned up. Fired right up, purrs like a kitten. I data logged some idle/revs and a short drive. Everything seems perfect. My in-cabin gauge doesn't move from 56psi while driving, but will fluctuate while idle if I press the gas, it'll jump up about 4-5psi (T'd brake booster line into the FPR).

My main issue is that it's throwing a check engine light (orange wrench light) but my SCT isn't showing any codes for me to read. I tried to clear them to no avail. Any ideas? Is this from bypassing my emissions stuff with the fuel system? Do I need to plug any lines after installing the fuel system because of this bypassing of the emissions crap?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread