Installing IRS in a '97?

amnpalm

Established Member
Have a question for you guys. Found a used IRS from a '01 Cobra and wanted to know can I put this thing into my '97 Cobra. Is it a direct bolt in or do I have to fab up some stuff up to make it work? Any one out there have pic's of this? Final, what should I pay for this thing? Thanks, Matt.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
yes it's a direct bolt in, ford designed it to be a bolt in that way they could use the same chassis for the cobra and gt/v6. but caspers right you will need all those things plus new springs and i'm not sure about shocks. i wouldn't know what to pay, offer something really low and see if they bite, if so good for you, if not they will let you know what they want for it.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
'99-'02, 8.8, 3.27, Cobra IRS. This is rotor to rotor with coil springs, rear shocks, and exhaust.. $1,750

stangparts.com

Tim03cobra

Established Member
It will fit but your wheels will stick out 3/4" more on each side. I just installed a 98 cobra rearend in my 03 cobra on it. I'm selling mine with 3000 miles. I have springs, flowmaster exhaust, bolts, 3.55 gears, shocks, Ect. I'll take $1400.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread