installing headers on a whipple car

96slowbra

Established Member
i have a whipple 2.9 on my shelby and am gearing up for an arh header/complete exhaust install.

here is my plan: i plan on doing this on a lift with a screw jack to raise the engine/trans slightly. i will do 1 side at a time, starting with the pass side. remove the starter, and motor mount and bracket. after that side is done, i will put that mount back in and move to the driver side, pull motor mount, bracket and steering shaft.

my question is: with the whipple installed am i gonna have the room i need to raise the motor, or will i have issues because of how close it is to the rear of the engine compartment?

am i going about this the right way? i really don't want to drop the k

thanks

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Need to ask who has installed them. I know he dynatech I only removed battery, starter, and popped the steering link out. No motor raising or mount removing. Should be simple since they're not full length

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
She only says that to me. Last I read their headers were actually 3/4 length. Don't keep up if they changed their design or not. If they did great, if not shouldn't be a problem. Can only speak for dynatech since I've installed a few sets and JBA since its a knock off.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
She only says that to me. Last I read their headers were actually 3/4 length. Don't keep up if they changed their design or not. If they did great, if not shouldn't be a problem. Can only speak for dynatech since I've installed a few sets and JBA since its a knock off.

I don't know where you heard they're 3/4 length, because they're certainly not. Here are my ARH 1 7/8 headers. They don't get longer than this:

BB6480B2-0E23-45C0-9A6E-F7F4C03BD6CE-287-000000C80A884E3F.jpg

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
That looks pretty long. Back in 2010 when I was searching the big three they (ARH) were not true full length. Kooks stated they were close but had to be removed to pull trans. Last choice said full length and trans can be removed without unbolting them. So far so good. Once the clutch lets go ill see if the 2nd part is correct

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
That looks pretty long. Back in 2010 when I was searching the big three they (ARH) were not true full length. Kooks stated they were close but had to be removed to pull trans. Last choice said full length and trans can be removed without unbolting them. So far so good. Once the clutch lets go ill see if the 2nd part is correct

The trans can be pulled without removing the ARH's. There is plenty of room between them, and confirmed by guys who have done it on here.

Users who are viewing this thread