Installing Boss IM!!

nike head

Established Member
Hey guys I'm installing the boss IM on the weekend. Any additional parts I need to buy. I have a JLT CAI. How hard is it to install it?

elevenfivezero

Established Member
Need the $10 purge valve relocation kit from LMR. Here's the link

Mustang Boss 302 Intake Installation Kit (11-14) GT 5.0L - LatemodelRestoration.com

Anyone know if a coyote intake airaid cai will fit the boss intake? Not trying to thread jack, just curious if anyone knows.

Yeah, Airaid fits. Just snug all the clamps to the point where you can still adjust the intake tube and be able to position the tb coupler. May also help to loosen some of the heat surround also while adjusting. It also really helps tobcut the tb coupler into a wedge shape. Trimming about 1/2" from both ends at an angle to make it wedge shapped.

4VFTW

Established Member
You can buy the parts to install from AutoZone....you only need 2' of 3/8" fuel line,2 hose clamps and 2 water pump caps.

D.T.R

Established Member
^ Question,
I have this intake sitting at the house and will be installing it shortly.
What/where exactly does this hose come from and goes to when you install the new boss intake manifold?

burke985

Established Member
20130518_195039_zps25269460.jpg

Anyone know if a coyote intake airaid cai will fit the boss intake? Not trying to thread jack, just curious if anyone knows.[/QUOTE]

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I would look into the heat shield that goes underneath the intake. Im pulling mines in a few weeks when my shoulder gets better.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
^ Question,
I have this intake sitting at the house and will be installing it shortly.
What/where exactly does this hose come from and goes to when you install the new boss intake manifold?

It goes from the purge valve directly into the manifold. It connects on the front right side and then the purge valve can hang under the TB or if your lucky bolt it to the block. It just is really hard to get the purge valve pulled far enough to do so. The other hose on the purge valve is like 1/4" too short. I gave up on mine and just have it hanging free. I will try bolting it down again some other time.

You can also buy the purge valve for the Boss 302 IM from Ford, but kind of a silly thing to do unless you absolutely don't wanna see it under the Boss IM since the actual Boss 302 Purge valve sits in the back of the IM.

Also I picked up the parts from o'reillys for like 8 bucks. 2' of 3/8 hose and two hose clamps. Done deal and easy.

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Good looking, I was gone all day. BBR has them also I think.

I read a thread about the heat shields last week. If I remember correctly, BBR is taking pre-orders for them currently.

Even though I agree that for the price its not a bad investment, I wouldn't don't expect significant power gains.

Users who are viewing this thread