Installing a Used Paxton kit.. need advise and possible missing parts.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Starting my install soon but wanted to go through and inventory my kit. The owner I bought it from gave me a great deal and has been a pleasure to work with and he went out of his way to get me some new pieces that were missing from the kit and gave me extra stuff I was able to sell and get some $ back out of. I cannot complain. I found one piece so far that is missing and I was told this may only be used on the 2011 install? Also if I am using ID1000 injectors there are new fuel rail mods correct? I see some parts on the parts list for the fuel supply but I believe that is if I use Paxton's injectors in their kit?

I cannot locate the piece that is NOT highlighted... is this needed for a 2014?

4FQ017-021 SPCR, .875/1.25OD X .328ID X 1.782L

14068123_1258372410863123_9013371469198773245_n_zpsmnzxv3vs.jpg

Hodor

Established Member
No, I'm almost certain that coned-shaped cylinder piece is for 2011 only. I DID NOT need it for my 2012.

Badlilstang

Established Member
The guy who sold me this did such a good job of keeping these parts together is why I started thinking that piece is not needed for a 2014 like mine.. One of my other buddies said they ran into spacers that were not used.

GBCoyote

Established Member
That was not used on mine. I still have the piece in a box if you must have it to feel better though lol

5lho

Established Member
It's 11 only, I didn't need it on my 12.

the different spacers supplied with the kit are for the supplied GT500 injectors. If your IDs are the same height as these, then everything should fit i guess. I used the supplied injectors.

Last edited:

Badlilstang

Established Member
It's 11 only, I didn't need it on my 12.

the different spacers supplied with the kit are for the supplied GT500 injectors. If your IDs are the same height as these, then everything should fit i guess. I used the supplied injectors.

Thx, Mine came wtih just about everything I need plus upgrades although it did not include injectors.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Oh one last thing.. the my kit didn't come with a belt but I was told I will still use the factory supplied belt. Is this correct? or should I replace wtih any kind of upgraded or better belt?

GBCoyote

Established Member
I would upgrade since it's all going to be removed. I would give Team Beefcake Racing a call and ask them for a Gates green belt for your specific setup. Belts are not something you want to cheap out on, because when they break you'll spend 2 hours putting a new one on lol. Buy once, cry once.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I would upgrade since it's all going to be removed. I would give Team Beefcake Racing a call and ask them for a Gates green belt for your specific setup. Belts are not something you want to cheap out on, because when they break you'll spend 2 hours putting a new one on lol. Buy once, cry once.

Understood!

Badlilstang

Established Member
Anyone have the part# for a Gates Green belt? I ordered what I think is right but it's only 32$ through Amazon..I have seen other sites selling it for almost 90$ but they don't provide the part number.

Users who are viewing this thread