Installing a CS Valance

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
planning on doing this to mine soon as well as the boss splitter and GT500 rear lower valence

Edit: would it be easier to use a jack/jackstands to raise the car or wheel ramps? Curious if the ramps would get in the way.

Last edited:

Evilcartman

Established Member
planning on doing this to mine soon as well as the boss splitter and GT500 rear lower valence

Edit: would it be easier to use a jack/jackstands to raise the car or wheel ramps? Curious if the ramps would get in the way.

I like the GT500 rear Valance, I just didn't want to buy a part that need paint.

I found it very easy to do on the ground. I see no reason to jack it up.

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
Where is a good place to find all these body parts?

LRS has a good selection and can bundle with the foglights and perhaps the brake cooling ducts if you ask them.

Mustang Front Chin Spoiler & Splitters at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

AM might do the same or price match, etc.

I like the GT500 rear Valance, I just didn't want to buy a part that need paint.

I found it very easy to do on the ground. I see no reason to jack it up.

I thought the rear valence on the GT500 was just a simple swap and was the same black textured plastic like the front valence?

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
A word of warning on the spoiler, some members have reported the thing deforming in hot weather. Supposedly 3Dcarbon has addressed this but I haven't seen any proof. Not everyone's GT500 spoilers have deformed but enough have that I feel a warning is necessary.

I've got the reverse camera so I can't change spoilers but if you do want the GT500 spoiler, I would recommend buying OEM.

chrisheltra

Established Member
A word of warning on the spoiler, some members have reported the thing deforming in hot weather. Supposedly 3Dcarbon has addressed this but I haven't seen any proof. Not everyone's GT500 spoilers have deformed but enough have that I feel a warning is necessary.

I've got the reverse camera so I can't change spoilers but if you do want the GT500 spoiler, I would recommend buying OEM.

Thanks for the heads up. Is there anywhere online I can look for OEM spoilers to get an idea of what the price may be without having to call my local dealer?

FastRedPonyCar