Installing a battery cutoff.

sct12

Established Member
I have installed my battery in the trunk and much to my dismay the track says you have to have a cutoff if removed from stock location. Well I have a cutoff switch that can handle the current, but I dont want to run another large guage wire up to the front of the car because the cutoff has to kill the car and not just the battery. I think I can run a 14 gauge wire to the front of the car and tie into the alt. wire on the left hand side under the fuse box. I could put a relay in and have the switch side of the relay that wire that I route up there with the actual switch as my main cutoff. Only problem is finding a hole to cut into for the switch. Where is the best place to put the switch?

svt2712

Established Member
On the wifes GT i put it in the trunk key hole. To pass tech (but NOT legal) you can undo the wire off the alternator.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
i always wanted to do this too, more so, so ppl dont steal it or while im deployed the car will sit in storage.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I have my battery wire to the starter and ran an alt wire straight to the alt. been that way for 3 years w/ no issue's

Users who are viewing this thread