Installing 10p.s.i. P1SC on 98 Cobra

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Ok, so I am installing a 10psi ProCharger P1SC kit on my 98 with 42/lb Ford Racing injectors and the included fuel system upgrades in the procharger kit with their 3-core intercooler setup. I am just curious to know what kind of fuel pressure I should expect to see? And Procharger recommends installing an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator but doesn't mention suggested settings, can anyone give me an idea of where it should be? I really can't wait to get it together.

On a side note I have mentioned that I killed a deer a while back and did some good body damage to the front end, including the hood and both front fenders. I have ordered some stock style carbon fiber fenders and and stock 98 Cobra style hood in carbon fiber too. I can never go back with stock parts. It always has to be lighter, stronger, more powerful.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
you will probably be after 450-475rwhp.. just curious where did u get OEM carbon fiber fenders???

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
10psi youll be around 420 hp and the fuel pressure with vaccum should be around 31 - 32psi

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
never ever seen carbon fiber fenders offered in the retail market, only that guy on Corral who was making them for his own car

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
The fenders are really stock looking pieces fabbed by Tiger Racing and are race only pieces. Thanks for the ideas and the help, just was curious as to what kind of fuel pressure to expect when I get it together. Over 400 hp would be good for me for now. I will probably start working on a more stout engine to put with a twin turboed setup and do the suspension later this year.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh I thought thought that you knew of another company besides Tiger Racing.. Let us know how the fitment is with them.. :beer:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
At 8.5# of boost I was making just under 400rwhp at 5800rpms with only 2 degrees of timing, AND that was in 115 degree Phoenix summer heat. Sooooo......you may make close to if not more than 450rwhp depending on your tune. Granted I have a D1SC but still. Make sure you post up pics of the carbon fiber fenders. I was looking at them a year ago(for fun as I dont need them) and thought that it would be sweet to have carbon fenders if my wallet was deep enough.

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
I will post pics eventually my Cobra is definetely turning into my track only toy. I will probably be looking to building another one and reuse the supercharger on it. Then I will put twin turbos on this one. So much has gone into this car and I cant stop. Also been trying to find out if aeromotive has a sumped tank that will bolt into my 98???

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
just an update, been working way too much at my job. Finally got to do some of the work on the Cobra, got the fuel system ready, and wired. The supercharger bolted on, just need a little bit more time install the piping to the 3 core intercooler and install the fenders hopefully find the time Monday. Really can't wait to run her again.

Users who are viewing this thread