Installing 03/04 cobra body parts

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Hey guys I need some help, I am mechanically inclined however I am not that great with body work or electrical stuff. This is what I have 04 cobra front and rear bumper and the rear spoiler. Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear bumper cover. Also has anyone has wiried up an 03 spoiler to a 99, if so how do I do it? I got the front bumper cover no problem. Thanks in advance.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
For the rear bumper, besides the screws on the inside of the wheel wells, there are nuts behind just above where the reflectors are which you have to access through the trunk behind the hard plastic/fabric walls (the same piece you have to remove to get to the taillight nuts). Also, there are nuts along the top of the bumper right under where the trunk lid would close. and of course the puch in plastic tabs that are between the tailpipes on the bumper. As for the 3rd brakelight, I would think it would just be a plug n play install. Is the connector from the harness going to your current brakelights different then the one that is on the 03 spoiler?

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
01greycobra said:
For the rear bumper, besides the screws on the inside of the wheel wells, there are nuts behind just above where the reflectors are which you have to access through the trunk behind the hard plastic/fabric walls (the same piece you have to remove to get to the taillight nuts). Also, there are nuts along the top of the bumper right under where the trunk lid would close. and of course the puch in plastic tabs that are between the tailpipes on the bumper. As for the 3rd brakelight, I would think it would just be a plug n play install. Is the connector from the harness going to your current brakelights different then the one that is on the 03 spoiler?

Well the problem is the connector from the 03 spoiler is missing, there is only two wires coming out of it. However, the 99 connector has four wires on it's connector. Any suggestions? Thanks for the bumper tips.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
you could probably go to ford and have them look at a wiring schematic on their system for the 03 cobra (kind of like the diagrams in the back of haynes manuals) and see which is positive and which is negative. then do the same for the harness you have for your car, and splice, solder, and cover. however, the spoiler won't cover the holes on your rear decklid for your existing spoiler... unless you're talking about replacing the whole thing

besides, the stock 99 spoiler moved back 3 inches looks awesome IMO (i did the same) and covers the stock holes no prob

Eric

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
DuffManRHA said:
you could probably go to ford and have them look at a wiring schematic on their system for the 03 cobra (kind of like the diagrams in the back of haynes manuals) and see which is positive and which is negative. then do the same for the harness you have for your car, and splice, solder, and cover. however, the spoiler won't cover the holes on your rear decklid for your existing spoiler... unless you're talking about replacing the whole thing

besides, the stock 99 spoiler moved back 3 inches looks awesome IMO (i did the same) and covers the stock holes no prob

Eric

Thats a good idead about the wiring schematics. I already had the 99 spoiler moved back and your right it looked great, I just really like the looks of the terminator spoiler and already have one and installed it minus the wiring. Thanks for the replies.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
N/Angel said:
you need to post pics of the car with the new parts on it!

I have the rear bumper on but I am waiting to put my HE on before I installed the front bumper, plus I didn't recieve any directions on what screws and bolts go where with my ford racing kit.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I just went through this. There are two wires in your 4wire harness that you will use. Get a multi meter. One is black it is ground I believe. One is 12v one is 12v when brakes applied and one Im not sure of. find the constant 12v. You wont use it. Then put something heavy on your brake pedal. Now test the remaining two wires for 12v. You then connect the wires by but connector or whatever you like. Test brake.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
type911 said:
I just went through this. There are two wires in your 4wire harness that you will use. Get a multi meter. One is black it is ground I believe. One is 12v one is 12v when brakes applied and one Im not sure of. find the constant 12v. You wont use it. Then put something heavy on your brake pedal. Now test the remaining two wires for 12v. You then connect the wires by but connector or whatever you like. Test brake.

Thankyou very much, thats the tip I needed!!!

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
How did you go about marking and drilling all those holes for the 03 decklid spoiler?

Tape some paper togeter contouring the bottom of the spoiler. cut the holes in the paper for the mounting bolts. Trim paper to size of spoiler. Remove paper. Painters tape it to declid. Drill holes. remove paper and mount spoiler.
:thumbsup:

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
I guess I did mine the quick way, I just put some nail polish on the bolts from the spoiler, lines it up the way I wanted and gently set the spoiler down. It worked great and fits perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread