Installed vmp heat exchanger no flow from intercooler pump

Ballsgt

Established Member
So I just installed the vmp heat exchanger on my 2010. Everything works except the intercooler pump is not pumping. Fuse is good. When jumping relay pump works. Do I just need to burp it? And if so how do I go about doing that?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, you have an air pocket at the impeller. Post a pic and I can give you some ideas if you did something different than mounting it stock. Loosening the clamp and just barely pulling the hose off the barb will usually expel air, but it's a little messy. I've also had success milking the lower hose from the heat exchanger while the pump is running.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
If mounted in OEM fashion the inlet, i.e. highest point. Black circle below.

StockHoseRemovePump.jpg

Just open the connection enough to let bubbles out. When fluid starts coming out slip it back on and clamp it.

RBB

Established Member
Yeah, you have an air pocket at the impeller. Post a pic and I can give you some ideas if you did something different than mounting it stock. Loosening the clamp and just barely pulling the hose off the barb will usually expel air, but it's a little messy. I've also had success milking the lower hose from the heat exchanger while the pump is running.
Good advice, I was never able to get the air out by milking the hoses. Loosen the clamp at the HX inlet and remove the hose for a second, quick and easy. Put a pan under it to catch any coolant that shoots out.

Users who are viewing this thread