Installed twin "improved" gt supercar pump and won't idle

keltymd

Established Member
We'll I had twin GT supercar pumps in my car and one went bad so I dropped the tank and installed an ON3 hat with twin "improved" pumps. Everything is wired up fine and there are no leaks but the fuel pressure jumps all over the place at idle (15-60 psi) the computer sees the FP fluctuation when I datalog and it even does it at higher RPMs. If I unplug either of the pumps (dual fpdms so I can unplug either one of them) it will idle fine and hold a nice rock solid fuel pressure. With both pumps connected the duty cycle goes between .09-.16 (sect values) at idle and the car will die.

Is the difference In a cobra hat and twin gt pumps that much different than a good hat and "improved" pumps that is would mess with my fuel tables?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I know someone that just installed those same pumps and had idle issues. It needed some tuning to run right.

keltymd

Established Member
Yeah i ripped everything apart tested each component and found if i run 1 fpdm and no bap it will at least kind of run ok with both pumps. Back to the tuner i go.

Users who are viewing this thread