Installed the "Torque Booster" to the Vortech V3

Deerslayer

Established Member
Installed the torque booster to the Vortech V3 and the car is pulling a LOT harder. Pulley'ing down to the 3.33 pulley has given the car some new found spunk. Wastegate is set with the 10lb spring. Wish I had done it all in the beginning. While we were at it, changed the oil in the head unit and switched over to the Gates Green 100" HD belt. We did not remove the head unit, but made plenty of room by removing the sections of down pipes and even pulled out the fan for some extra space. Switching to the 100" belt, had to move the one pulley over 3 spots. (from one off the left clear over to one from the end on the right) Had we just been doing a pulley swap, keeping the same belt, we probably could have done it without removing anything except for the throttle body. Installed some halos in the fogs that will surely give us some extra HP too.

B1_zps81bd739b.jpg

B3_zpsfe9968ba.jpg

B5_zpsb78d7b4c.jpg

B2_zps199e3cbd.jpg

HaloSmile_zpsded2f6cc.jpg

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
How much boost from the initial hit, mine is at 5lbs with the stock pulley? Did you retune the car?

Deerslayer

Established Member
Haven't re-tuned yet. With the stock pulley, you really felt the car pull beginning at 3500 rpm. Now, it is pulling hard when you are at 3k. Don't have plans to put it on rollers anytime soon to compare, so everything is with the butt dyno right now. The car is a LOT quicker, and you can definitely shift a bit earlier.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Curious... Can you guys pulley down to a 3.25 or a 3.12? And wg it at 9-10psi? Would make a bunch more power everywhere. I doubt it would slip... I ran a 2.87 pulley on my vortech to 6300 on 6 rib with no slip

Deerslayer

Established Member
Considering every ride you start to get numb to that feeling. Haha
LOL, crazy how quick you get "used to" power. It is a great feeling to go on vacation and not drive the car for a couple of weeks. First few pulls are "crack-ish" :)

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Curious... Can you guys pulley down to a 3.25 or a 3.12? And wg it at 9-10psi? Would make a bunch more power everywhere. I doubt it would slip... I ran a 2.87 pulley on my vortech to 6300 on 6 rib with no slip

You can pulley down to a 3.15 pulley but on stock engine it might be pushing it just a little bit, especially if you are on E85 or race gas already. Seems like the 3.33 pulley see's some really good gains with the wastegate setup on stock engine cars.

OP, Car looks great really digging the halos.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Nice man. I'd still love to see some hard numbers resilts(before and after track times and/or dynos). I've only seen a few so far.

Deerslayer

Established Member
I'd still love to see some hard numbers results(before and after track times and/or dynos). I've only seen a few so far.
Don't know when we will have this car on rollers again. I would like to see the before and after numbers, but the ole butt dyno is going to have to do for now, this car will be off to school tomorrow.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Waiting for the results! I have the 3.33 as well and curious as to what the numbers might be.

Deerslayer

Established Member
What does this kit entail? Do you need to adjust the tune?
The install is easy. Switching to the green belt takes a little work but not too bad. It is a great mod for additional seat of the pants feel to your Centri. We ran a few logs to look at things and haven't retuned, but I am going to send Lund the logs to see if he wants to tweak anything. Another great product from TBR. Btw, the quality of the pipe and welding on this TIAL waste gate is 10x better than the TIAL BOV setup I bought elsewhere. Live and learn.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The install is easy. Switching to the green belt takes a little work but not too bad. It is a great mod for additional seat of the pants feel to your Centri. We ran a few logs to look at things and haven't retuned, but I am going to send Lund the logs to see if he wants to tweak anything. Another great product from TBR. Btw, the quality of the pipe and welding on this TIAL waste gate is 10x better than the TIAL BOV setup I bought elsewhere. Live and learn.

appreciate that. You can get by with single wall more than likely, but anything we are custom fabbing is going to be overkill. We double will tig it to insure no chance of cracking ,breaking, or the weight wearing it out over time

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
So I have a Tial 50mm BOV, it get's replace with a Tial 44mm waste gate? Please excuse my ignorance on this matter. I have a green belt and a 3.6 pulley currently set up with the 2200.

Users who are viewing this thread