Installed the new 03 side skirts..

DC97Cobra

Established Member
.. and now have the 01 side skirts laying around. One is busted due to me getting too friendly with an ATM's curb. What do you think I should do? Toss them or clean them up and sell them?

For those that thought I was going to post pics... I will post some up soon. I want to give the car a good bath and wax before I do.

And to the guys at Tousley Ford, THANKS!!!! Great service and pricing! They will be seeing a lot more business from me!! :rockon::beer::banana:

If the weather holds up, I'm going to install the brake pads and gas pedal today then wash the car.

In2Boost

Established Member
Clean them up and see if anyone here needs the good one. I'm sure someone else has had a freak accident with your color that would appreciate you for it. I need a drivers side, but I'm looking for Performance Red.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
.. and now have the 01 side skirts laying around. One is busted due to me getting too friendly with an ATM's curb. What do you think I should do? Toss them or clean them up and sell them?

For those that thought I was going to post pics... I will post some up soon. I want to give the car a good bath and wax before I do.

And to the guys at Tousley Ford, THANKS!!!! Great service and pricing! They will be seeing a lot more business from me!! :rockon::beer::banana:

If the weather holds up, I'm going to install the brake pads and gas pedal today then wash the car.

Do you have the number/name to the guy who is on these forums who works at tously ford??

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Yep! Check the first sticky thread in this forum. All of the info you need is right there. There is also a dedicated forum to them as well on this board.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
how much did you end up spending on the skirts? I'm real sick of my flared 01 skirts :(

The skirts were around $300 with shipping around $30. They were prepainted from the factory as well so I did not have to get them painted or worry about color matching.

I was thinking about just replacing the one skirt that was damaged. The one long skirt I needed was going to cost $80 for used to $130 new before paint. Add paint to the one skirt and it would have probably been more than the cost of the complete 03 kit.

Before...

01-Cobra-Lowered.jpg

After.. She is filthy. I just took a quick pic using my cell phone so you all can see.
SSPX0034.jpg

joshs00blkgt

Bulldawgs Amen
Established Member
i have been thinking about doing the same thing to mine as well. Cant wait for more pics so i can tell if i like it or not. Do alot of New Edge guys have this done?

DC97Cobra

Established Member
I can't see a difference if there is any fading. I would think that the sides would not be effected as much as the top of the car. Call Steve at Tousley Ford and see if your paint code was used on the 03/04 Cobras.

Sorry to those waiting for pics. The Cobra was going to get a bath today but the threat of rain kept me from doing so. Pics soon though. Before the weeks end.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Pics!!!!

I gave the Cobra a quick bath. She needs to be waxed but this should be good enough.. Before and after pics....

01-Cobra-Lowered.jpg

2001-Cobra_20080724_002.jpg

2001cobra03rg5.jpg

2001-Cobra_20080724_029.jpg

2001cobra06ru5.jpg

2001-Cobra_20080724_025.jpg

2001cobra07ub5.jpg

2001-Cobra_20080724_024.jpg

2001-Cobra_20080724_032.jpg

wma8706

Established Member
looks good. I didn't realize the 03/04 skirts were so much smoother looking. I think your car would look sick with wider rear rims and tire and/or switching out the newedge sidescoop for the 03/04 for a smoother look. Painted mirrors or 03/04 color matched mirrors are subtle differences that would set your car off too.

Users who are viewing this thread