Installed the Kooks axlebacks today.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
Installed them today and absolutely love the way they sound. Stupid question.....do you need a retune from your tuner for just axlebacks?
I already had the ORX and was tuned for that. Thanks for any help, and I did try to search the forums for answers to no luck. :shrug:

scott_0

Established Member
I just put a pair of kooks on a few weeks ago, I also like how they sound but they are very quiet with stock cats

KILRSVT

Established Member
I really like the way they sound do you have any drone... I have a jba o/ r pipe with stock resonators and GT500 I have no drone on the highway

scott_0

Established Member
When you say quiet, are they louder or quiter than gt500 exhausts?

I haven't heard gt500 in person, atleast not up close, I hear they are louder, but I gotta say the kooks don't seem much louder than stock, atleast after I replaced my American Thunders with them, but I've heard multiple times the kooks will get louder......

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
The kooks will get louder. Once they break in they will be a bit louder and a lot deeper than the gt500s. I have always had an off-road x with both setups but I would assume the same with the cats. The kooks are very quiet at first but I promise they will sound good soon.

magnido45

Established Member
Hey guys...question that has not been asked yet (I think?)....Since the Kooks mufflers are around a total of 20lbs lighter than the stock mufflers, did you notice any difference in the way the rear end's suspension feels/performs? Like going over speed bumps, etc.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I don't notice anything different with the rear suspension of the car. I don't think 20 lbs is gonna make much of a difference. No drone whatsoever, however I'm about to install an over axle pipe and eliminate the resonators and wondering if it will have drone then?? It really isn't much louder than stock mufflers right now, but I'm sure it will get a little more aggressive. Sound clips coming soon.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
When I removed the resonators I got a bad drone around 1700-2100 (right in the cruising rpm on the highway)
Id hate to put the resonators back on cause it was a ton quieter! But what can I do?

You think the drone will change any with the addition of the Kooks Shorty headers Im putting on in the summer!?

Vert

Established Member
When I removed the resonators I got a bad drone around 1700-2100 (right in the cruising rpm on the highway)
Id hate to put the resonators back on cause it was a ton quieter! But what can I do?

You think the drone will change any with the addition of the Kooks Shorty headers Im putting on in the summer!?

Add a j pipe and the drone will go away. Look up helmhotz.

Users who are viewing this thread