installed the kb 2.6 this weekend

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
and i had to change my eaton inside sticker to something a little different. We made this sticker before and decided to upgrade the sticker along with the blower. Let me know what you guys think. Pics of the blower to follow.

5-1.jpg

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
i haven't had her out yet, my truck has been on jack stands for a while now and its almost ready to come out.

todd abbott

Established Member
Only my opinion but "it's not me" going from the original design of "Intel inside" to Eaton, I can see that, still not me but OK, but the Kenne reference, someone is going to think your a South Park fan that can't spell or theres a very special 'Kenne" in your life. Just get a nice "Kenne Bell" decal or one of the "Got Boost" decals, I think anyone in the know will get the point. T

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
thats fine, if they don't get it they don't deserve to get it and i don't care...i could care less if someone rolling in a toyota corolla doesn't get it...its more focused towards the motorheads that will get it...just my 2 cents

69clark

Established Member
Exactly, "anyone in the know will get the point" so why do you have to change it for the morons that don't know what it means, why make it easy for them. Leave it the way it is and if the don't get, they dont need to. Or better yet they will get it when you hit the loud pedal. lol

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
I get it. I dont understand the whole "VTEC" thing, so why should I expect them to know about KB's or any type of power for that matter.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Yeah man, I like it too, phuck em if they don't get it.... they'll get the idea when they see your taillights getting smaller and smaller....

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
thanks guys, the intake tube is at the painters now and my wire cover on the firewall doesn't fit and i couldn't figure out why until i realized that i had the jlp intake spacer installed from the eaton...so it looks like i have to cut that and have it painted also, it never ends

5-6.jpg

5-5.jpg

5-4.jpg

5-3.jpg

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
i hope to get to jlp mid june, i tore apart my entire front suspension this winter to get powdercoated and changing stuff along with heim joint tie rod ends, let me tell you its been a pain in the butt but i think worth it when done. Then i have to drop my truck off at paint to get the new hood painted and roll pan shot.

FordFanStan

Established Member
nicktoney said:
dont forget to cut the hood to clearance the throttle linkage... isnt that how the other guy totalled his?

Yes it was...

Before hood modifications...
100_7018.jpg

After hood modifications as per KB's instructions...
100_7023.jpg

(the large rectangular piece has been cut out on the top left corner of the small oval that the driver side washer fluid nozzle is mounted in, and then they supply you with a small amount of the edge rubber piping type stuff to cover the sharp edges with)

... Stan

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
hey guys thanks for the words...fade that is jlp's new intake tube for the 2.6. It is 4.5" in diameter and huge....i just got it back from paint and it looks good. The maf meter bolts right up to it now and the tube fits right inside their new intake box with the 4.5" hole.

As for the hood i have a 3" harwood ready for paint and hopefully that will clear without any modifications to it. It may not with the intake spacer, that thing is causing more harm than good putting that thing on, but hopefully all will be well worth it in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread