Installed the JLT RAI, my review inside.

kcsburk

Established Member
The install took about 30 minutes which includes wiping everything down for pictures. No real rocket science involved to get the RAI installed. It is a tight fit to get the filter in but like I said not really any rocket science involved. I did not pay attention to how the MAF was positioned when I removed it so I was not positive on how to position it with the RAI. Based on past discussion with Jay Tucker and John Demolet I positioned it near 10:00 o'clock. I assumed that the MAF was fixed on the RAI, however you can rotate it any which way. I will get with Jay to discuss proper positioning.

I was concerned about the rubber adapter between the MAF and the RAI not being a smooth transition causing disruption in the air flow, but you can push the RAI and the MAF all the way into the rubber adapter they will touch for a seamless connection. :thumbsup:

I may have picked up one pound of boost (9psi) it’s hard to tell on the stock gauge. The blower is very loud now. I am not really a big fan of the blower whine myself but for all of you who do like it the RAI will most certain accommodate you.

For the power, there most certainly is a difference. If I nail it in first from a roll at any rpm it will now roast the tires (prior to it would not). I have not had a chance to play all that much with the car since I did the install, but so far it feels awesome. Thanks Jay.

Here is some eye candy for your viewing pleasure.

447028_68_full.jpg

447028_69_full.jpg

447028_70_full.jpg

Last edited:

whtsvt

Established Member
Just installed mine this morning :banana: There is a noticeable SOTP difference :rockon: Blower sounds really nice, scared some people today :eek:

Anyway, great product/service. Tucker said Wed. of this week and it was at my door last night when I came home. A++++++++++

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread