Installed springs, IRS & C/C plates

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Hey guys I just finished up installing H&R lowering springs, MM IRS bushings with the 14mm bolts, MM swaybar bushings and MM endlinks.

The front springs along with the endlinks and swaybar bushings were a snap Lowered the table, slid the spring in and that was it.

The Steeda 4-bolt CC plates were easy too.
One important tip would be to completly disconnect the strut instead of trying to pull it out. They are extremely strong.
Another thing to remember is to measure the stock strut location because your alignment will be outta wack once you tighten it all up. I forgot and it was too late. I'll crawl to my alignment shop tmrw morning.

THE REAR END TOOK 8 freakin' hours. On day 2, we tackled the rear end. The stock bushings were a PITA to remove. 4 drill bits and 2 saw blades later, we were done.
The stock 12mm bolts on the front subrame showed alot of ware btw.
Next we slid the springs in with the lower table dropped and pressed in the new bushings.
THE IRS DID NOT WANT TO GO BACK IN. We encoutered a major problem due to the new rear springs. They were to stiif and when we would jack the rear end the car would start lifting to. TIP: we connected the shock and that helped a bit.After 2 hours of "MASSAGING", we got the bolts lined up and it was done.

Now if anybody has any questions regarding the install ask away.
I'll have pics tmrw but I have no idea how to host.
My questions:
What should my alignment specs be for the front and rear?

I also have a set of aluminum Steering rack bush from MM and I'm afraid they'll be as hard as the IRS. Any tips for those?

Car looks great and rides like stock. It's slammed and already scraped the mufflers getting out of my cuzins driveway but it's worth it.:rockon:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I found the easiest thing to do to get the IRS back in is to leave the spring out of the car and raise IRS up and mount front bolts. This will help to keep the assm lined up when putting springs in. Then put springs in and reattach shock to LCA. Then you should be able to swing up the IRS without a whole lot of trouble.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
The problem was I didn't have a spring compressor, but I could definately see how that would have made life much easier.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by YoungCobra
The problem was I didn't have a spring compressor, but I could definately see how that would have made life much easier.
I would just pay the $50 and get a 4 wheel alignment.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
They charged me 185$ CAN for my alignment and it still pulls right.
On top of that, there's a clunk coming from the passenger side front that was not there before the alignment.

Do Caster camber plates get loose after the first day? Should retighten or just take it back?

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I might of found the problem for the clunk. I checked the swaybar and endlinks and they were tight.
When I got to the X-brace, I noticed a bolt missing. So I took the other side bolt out, matched it with one in my tool box and tried to fix my problem.

Of course, the bolt got cross-threaded and I need a new one. 9.8 grade 10mm head with a 8mm fine thread. I'll post an update and keep trying to post pics.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
New times:
12.08 @ 119. No more hop on launch and I'm very satisfied with the overall outcome of the IRS bushings and the springs combo.

Users who are viewing this thread