installed predator today

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
Black-

I have not experienced the stall since my Predator was installed (I used the pulley tune). My idle is rock solid at 750 rpm without the air on and 850 with it on. Cold mornings, it may be a little higher, but once the engine is up to temp, right back to 750.

John

Ditto, it's great :beer:

Tim Lester

Established Member
Originally posted by DPS
OK, I hate to be so dumb but who is RWTD performance? Email and phone would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:beer:

RWTD Stands for(Running With The Devil)that is the name James goes by, go to www.modularfords.com and do a search that is were he posts.

Tim

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
I don’t see how the computer code vs. the flash has any relevance once its flashed it no longer pulls info from ydh1 program and is no running off the flashed program so weather its ydh1 or ydho it should not make any difference

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by vector
I don’t see how the computer code vs. the flash has any relevance once its flashed it no longer pulls info from ydh1 program and is no running off the flashed program so weather its ydh1 or ydho it should not make any difference

I agree on that point. But I was wondering what his code number was to try and understand why he was told to load the pulley program. It thought it may have been that his car had diffrent plugs or something that would accept the pulley program without a pulley. The whole pulley load without a pulley sounds very odd to me.:shrug:

BOOOOST

Established Member
Re: Predator

Originally posted by Black Chip
I have pred. perf. tune installed. I wouldn't put to much faith in someone telling you to use the pulley tune with stock pulley. They pull timing out on the pulley tune due to increased boost to aviod detonation. You're just giving away HP by running that tune on a stock motor!!!

My best friend James it totally correct. On top of it he's a professional DiabloSport Revolution Tuner, so I would think that he knows best for his clients.

On the YDH0/YHD1 vehicles, install the Pulley tune, whether you have a stock car OR a modified car with a 2.8 pulley, catted x-pipe, catback, and cai. It has less timing, just 2 degrees, yet safer for the Cobra. I have verified the data myself, and even have dyno data to reflect that the Performance tune does not make anymore power for the extra increase in timing (more timing does not mean more power, and it can actually mean LESS power, and compromised safety to your expensive snake!). Plus the Pulley tune has a safer a/f ratio in the lower rpms.

Look at the graph below. This is a stock YDH1 Cobra (001), Performance Tune on same car (003), and Pulley tune on same car (005). All runs were done in the same manner with a set time between the different runs, so it was fair and conclusive.

Last edited:

lethal

Established Member
Also, I was at Diablo when they were developing the Predator. They take the tune from the car and apply changes to the tables, then that program is reloaded. Only the WOT tables are affected. It very much matters what your stock program is... Diablo does as little as possible to be intrusive. This is why the shift light and rev limits are untouched.

John

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
ok maybe i said it wrong....

YDH1 with tune @ WOT = 1
YDH0 with tune @ WOT = 1

:)

Users who are viewing this thread