installed predator today

silver 2003

Established Member
I installed the predator on my car today, only mods so far are magnaflow catback and steeda cai. The old sotp dyno gives it a thumbs up- feels stronger through-out, but more so on bottom and midrange. I talked with James at RWTD Performance and he told me with my computer code-YDH1- to load on the pulley tune. He said the fuel curves were pretty close, but the pulley tune takes out some timing. Overall, very pleased, just thought I'd pass on my experience. one other thing, my car now idles at 750, which I like better anyway, and is a lot smoother.
John

silver 2003

Established Member
Yes, he said there was not a whole lot of difference in the tunes, the pulley tune pulls a few more degrees of timing, but the fuel curves ares close. He asked me which computer code i had then told me to load the pulley tune for best results. I figured he knows more than me, so i loaded it like he said, definitely runs stronger.

DPS

Established Member
Know that's just a little scary, I have that code also. What program am I supposed to use if I decide to get a smaller pully:eek:

silver 2003

Established Member
He told me to use the pulley tune flash if you run a smaller pulley also. He will answer any questions you have if you email or call him

DPS

Established Member
OK, I hate to be so dumb but who is RWTD performance? Email and phone would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:beer:

sir-blah

Established Member
Originally posted by silver 2003
... I talked with James at RWTD Performance and he told me with my computer code-YDH1- to load on the pulley tune. ...

How do you get your computer code? Does it come up when you start with the odometer button pressed?

MikeW

Established Member
Re: Re: installed predator today

Originally posted by sir-blah
How do you get your computer code? Does it come up when you start with the odometer button pressed?

I dont know about that, but it is on a small white sticker on the passenger's side door jam. I cant remember what mine is right now, seems like mine starts with a Q. I have a 1st run car.. I hear they run really rich and even have diffrent plugs stock.

Black Chip

Established Member
Predator

Originally posted by silver 2003
Yes, he said there was not a whole lot of difference in the tunes, the pulley tune pulls a few more degrees of timing, but the fuel curves ares close. He asked me which computer code i had then told me to load the pulley tune for best results. I figured he knows more than me, so i loaded it like he said, definitely runs stronger.
I have pred. perf. tune installed. I wouldn't put to much faith in someone telling you to use the pulley tune with stock pulley. They pull timing out on the pulley tune due to increased boost to aviod detonation. You're just giving away HP by running that tune on a stock motor!!! BTW I set my idle at 850rpm Hoping to avoid the stall again.

lethal

Established Member
Black-

I have not experienced the stall since my Predator was installed (I used the pulley tune). My idle is rock solid at 750 rpm without the air on and 850 with it on. Cold mornings, it may be a little higher, but once the engine is up to temp, right back to 750.

John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread