Installed Predator,,,Now I have pinging..

Juiced-03

Established Member
I just pulled my Amazon Chip and installed the Predator pulley tune. I richened up the fuel one notch and retarded the timing one click to the left also. I took it for a drive and my intitial impression is that the Predator has much more torque than the chip!! But I am concerned because I heard a lot of pinging in third gear. :bash: I cant get a dyno until the 15th so how far should I retard the timing and how much fuel should I add? I am on 91 octane with a 2.80 pulley, x pipe, 12"K&N, Autolite 103 plugs gapped at .035, and a 3" Bassani catback. Thanks for any help!!

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
richen the fuel all the way, and retard the timing 3 more %.

better to be safe that sitting on the side of the road with a whole in a piston or worse...

Juiced-03

Established Member
I won the Predator from another site in a giveaway, and I always wanted to use the Predator. I liked my chip, but it always felt as if it lagged in torque. I had a JDM chip before the Amazon that felt VERY strong, but it had too many stalling issues when the car was cold. I think I just need to get a custom tune on the Predator.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I would add fuel 15%, all the way to the left. Just don't do any WOT runs until you get some dyno results. I got 473 TQ with my predator tune and the 2.95 pulley. Do the baseline run and pull fuel as needed.

I also killed my stalling problem by cranking up the idle to 850.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Thanks guys! I just pulled all timing and richened up the fuel 8%. No pinging and it runs strong! Of course I will hold off WOT runs until I can get it dynoed, but I had to test her out :). Very impressed so far and this coming from a guy who already had a very impressive chip! The Predator feels much smoother. The car feels a lot lighter!

Users who are viewing this thread