Installed Oil Seperator and drove 10 miles (big pic with oil)

mlambert

camaro is hard to spell
Established Member
I'm going to shorten the hose a bit and add some more hose clamps sometime in the near future. It is very tight though so I'm not worried about it for now.

jakhammer

Established Member
is this a kit you can buy or just parts that you bought to put it together. If its a kit you bought, got a link?

Chris

DetroitDice

Established Member
I would like to see a before oil sep kit and after oil sep kit pix of the throttle body.

I pulled the big rubber hose of mine to install the jlp forced air kit and i was getting dripped on, i opend the body from the front, cleaned it out with a rag and in less than 10 i was seeing it drip like it had some kind of STD.

seeing how well that mod does its job by all the pix posted here im impressed, it makes me wonder how cruddy my exhaust system is since its just burning off. maybe ill give it the old white glove test

FordFanStan

Established Member
BIGGESTJOHNSON said:
Helps lubricate the rotors and valves :idea:
dont you think that if Ford had designed it that way to lubricate they would have planned another way or route for oil to get there to the rotors versus this non patternized way. it is unpredictable the oil amount coming through this pcv hose so it is unpredictable whether the rotors/valves will get lubed. my .02

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
dont you think that if Ford had designed it that way to lubricate they would have planned another way or route for oil to get there to the rotors versus this non patternized way. it is unpredictable the oil amount coming through this pcv hose so it is unpredictable whether the rotors/valves will get lubed. my .02
Sorry, being sarcastic/ :shrug:

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
my truck has 95k, and i have never done this or the pcv valve either, does the oil just burn off or does it build up and cause a potential problem? i guess i am doing this soon, do i need to take anything apart and clean it or....?

LightningSteed

wheres the dancing girls?
Established Member
a freind of mine bought one of those oil seperators for his gen 2 also..had the same issue with having to empty it like every time he drove it.
I think he took it back off now.
I think some of the gen 2 guys are sticking a dime somewhere in the breather is what I heard, saw some of the guys doing it at the track a couple weeks back but wasn't watching too closely.
not sure on specifics (I'm a gen 1 guy) but maybe do a search on the NLOC.net board

I found this
http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61616&highlight=dime+in+oil+breather
but might add more confusion to the issue
maybe if the seperator just had a return line to let the oil drain back to the crankcase somehow.
the more I look at those things they remind me of a water seperator for air compressor.

Last edited:

Freedom

Established Member

If you leave these too long without cleaning them does the oil go into the blower and IC anyway? I installed yesterday, got a bunch of oil in it, drove again today and there was less oil in it than yesterday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread