Installed mGW shifter

lachj1

Established Member
I had the pro 50 and third gear sometimes had a brickwall to it, 6th gear also it seemed that I reallly had to go way to the right to get it in. I'm triying this Mgw shifter and it's sweet! Pinpoint positive shifts all around. It's taking some getting used to on the new location of the handle though.

The MGW website never said anything about the color orange, I ordered Red. They sent me orange and even the instructions call it orange? I hope this is not longer than the red one.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
check down a couple of threads to the" rumours about the new mgw handle" thread, all your answers are there. i have had my mgw shifter in for about 8 months now and it just keeps getting better. richard

whippleblown03

Established Member
they dont offer a red or a blue anymore you get an orange one now! thats what they told me yesterday when i ordered mine over the phone. said the new handle is a combination of the red and blue and its now orange! hope to get mine by friday! :rockon:

03Cobra-Vert

Established Member
I just ordered mine and CAN'T WAIT!!! :pepper:

Also while I was at it..I ordered CobraBobs gasket set, and a case of RP Synchromax. Hopefully this will fix the crappy shifting!! :thumbsup:

Vaelin

Established Member
Just installed my MGW as well. I had a Steeda TriAx with a MGW handle.

Steeda TriAx = 100% better than stock.
" w/ MGW handle = 150% better than stock.
MGW Shifter = 500% better than stock.

Even with the MGW handle, I had reach issues since I'm only 5'7". Now I have no problems even getting into reverse. :D

Users who are viewing this thread