installed kooks SS before/after

FIFTY

Established Member
Wow that REALLY changed the tone, it sounds really good! And to top it off you still have the cats on....awesome!

Clipboard

Established Member
ya it gave it a really nice grunt..made it louder too. Put the exhaust right where i wanted it was definitely worth the money for me. hopefully ill get some dyno #'s in the next month or 2 and compare to other dynos to see if there are any gains above the oem's

draxxus131

Established Member
It will pass on the sniffer and any sound test, this header does not move the catalytic back one bit so therefore it keeps the same heat range for the catalytic to stay efficient at burning away the carcinogens within the exhaust fumes.

Also I don't understand the comment about the stock H-pipe, that is just there for sound.

Last edited:

01GTB

Established Member
Sounds good :rockon:

I've been thinking about getting a pair of these since they first came out. I just can't decide whether to get ceramic coating on them or not.

lovebread

Established Member
It will pass on the sniffer and any sound test, this header does not move the catalytic back one bit so therefore it keeps the same heat range for the catalytic to stay efficient at burning away the carcinogens within the exhaust fumes.

Also I don't understand the comment about the stock H-pipe, that is just there for sound.

I have these headers but with the offroad lethal H pipe. Taking my car back to stock for 2017 will be a total pain in the ass (after s/c uninstall) but I was just curious if anyone has really tested them yet.

Here's a flyby of my Kooks SS headers.

2013 Fall 100 Miglia Rally Departure - YouTube

Last edited:

Jbstang87

Established Member
I am also in the same boat. Live in cali, want to add the Kooks SS headers.
in 2017 to pass smog we gotta return the midpipe to stock and thats it? what about tune? will these headers pass smog or do we gotta goto a smog friendly center?

NickSezz

Established Member
I am also in the same boat. Live in cali, want to add the Kooks SS headers.
in 2017 to pass smog we gotta return the midpipe to stock and thats it? what about tune? will these headers pass smog or do we gotta goto a smog friendly center?

These headers will pass smog legally as long as you have the stock cats installed and a tune that has the rear sensors set to the factory settings. I also believe you guys over in CA have to have a closed air box like the stock box?

The CARB cert is so they can legally be sold in CA.

These headers alone do not require changes in the tune. :beer:

Clipboard

Established Member
Did you notice any sort of power increase with the shorty headers?

i cant say. Im still running factory ford tune. Definitely improved throttle response. Dont want to put out bad info, althought everyone i know who has put these headers on do see an increase an average of 10-15 hp with cats on

Users who are viewing this thread