Installed Kenny Brown springs yesterday...

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
...and love them! After waiting almost a year to finally decide on which springs to get, it is finally done. Dropped the car 7/8" in the front and 1 3/16" in the rear (measured before and after installation).
First impressions:
Makes for a perfect stance IMO. Not as low as H&R's, but I was able to drive over speed bumps today like normal and had no issues with ground clearance or rear tire rub (315's). To the casual observer it probably doesn't seem altered, but the difference in handling/braking is excellent. Flatter cornering and sharper steering were also immediately noticed. The KB springs are said to help with wheel hop and traction but with the DR's I don't have issues with that anyway. Putting the radials on and more seat time is needed to give a better result in those areas. It will get aligned tomorrow (w/ CC plates) so hopefully there is even more room for improvement. :)
Overall I think it is a definite enhancement over stock and a sound investment in the car. I have some pics and will try and post them if anyone is interested.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member

TRIXSNK

DAILY DRIVEN!
Established Member
If you would be so kind as to measure the distance from ground to fender both front and back.....thanks!

I'm liking the drop but would like maybe just a bit more so maybe no isolators at all :shrug:

It's either these or H&R "race" springs.

Looking good though...now how about some tire dressing :poke: ;-)

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
TRIXSNK said:
If you would be so kind as to measure the distance from ground to fender both front and back.....thanks!

Measured after installation...
FL: 26 1/16"
FR: 26 1/2"
RL: 27"
RR: 27 1/8"

Moving the battery to the trunk should do wonders for evening out the front height differential. I didn't check tire pressures before either, that could have had some impact as well.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Thanks! It was definitely worth the wait.
After driving on the radials a while I am able to give some feedback on how they perform with the new springs. As far as traction is concerned, I don't think the car is any better in that dept., but wheel hop has been DRAMATICALLY reduced. Leaving the light hard in first gear will still induce some wheel hop (although greatly reduced), but the hard shift to second and all the way through second gear there was NO HOP AT ALL!!! Now it wasn't hooking all the way either, but rather spinning like my old solid axle car. And because it spins instead of hops, I am better able to control traction with the throttle instead of having to get out of the gas for fear of breakage from severe hopping. Now I can stay in it and proportion the gas pedal with the traction available.

Users who are viewing this thread