Installed JLT today

luvgun74

Established Member
First off i have an 08 shelby with nothing more than an axleback exhaust, but i wanted to share this with other Shelby owners like me who are wondering about a cai and tune. I've never installed a cai or a tune on any of the 4 mustangs i've owned until today and what a huge difference it made. I mean it really wakes the car up and put one hell of a smile on my face while i was behind the wheel. For anyone thinking about doing this upgrade, but are a little skeptical like me.............by all means do it. You'll be very satisfied with the results. :banana:Thanks 08 Cobra for everything and all your help, i couldn't be more satisfied in doing business with you.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Did you change the plugs too? If so what did you gap them to?

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
First off i have an 08 shelby with nothing more than an axleback exhaust, but i wanted to share this with other Shelby owners like me who are wondering about a cai and tune. I've never installed a cai or a tune on any of the 4 mustangs i've owned until today and what a huge difference it made. I mean it really wakes the car up and put one hell of a smile on my face while i was behind the wheel. For anyone thinking about doing this upgrade, but are a little skeptical like me.............by all means do it. You'll be very satisfied with the results. :banana:Thanks 08 Cobra for everything and all your help, i couldn't be more satisfied in doing business with you.

now that next smile should come from some 3:73's;-)

luvgun74

Established Member
Did you change the plugs too? If so what did you gap them to?
I'm still using the oem plugs so far without any problems. I will wait and do the plug change when i get the smaller puller and idler later. Anyone else change their plugs when doing just the cai and tune only?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I'm still using the oem plugs so far without any problems. I will wait and do the plug change when i get the smaller puller and idler later. Anyone else change their plugs when doing just the cai and tune only?

Most kits rec. that you change them to a colder plug, most kits come with them too. I got the NGK's with mine gapped at .034 :beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
why would you need to change plugs with just a CAI an tune. it doesnt give it enough boost that you should have plug problems and gap with just that. now with pulley or new blower yes you need plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread