installed it myself, may have problems...

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
I just installed a stage 4 ported blower, ported TB + Plenum, 293 upper/ 4# lower pulley combo with idlers, Boost a pump(with wiring upgrade), 60# injectors(with wiring harnesses), NGK spark plugs, MAFia, and an SCT xcal2 with some tune LFP sent me. First off, let me say that I am getting it tuned on friday. The problem I'm having is when I start the car it kinda spudders and starts rough, it idles higher than normal, as its idling it does not run smooth but spudders a bit and the engine shakes(not badly by any means but it just does not run smoothly at all). It sounds a little 'sick'. If I try to raise the RPMs rapidly at all it spudders a bit and then revvs up and while above 2000 rpms it seems to run pretty smooth...(i know not to hit boost) It smells a little odd too... I checked for codes with the sct and got nothing. Is this normal? Could it just be running really rich from the bap+60#s or maybe have a vac leak somewhere? Anyone had a similar experience or have any idea what may be wrong with my baby??? Is it safe to drive to get it tuned or worked on??
Im kinda worried about it... :(

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
More then likely that crappy tune, get that thing on a dyno and get a real tune and you should be good to go!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
was the tune setup to use 60 lb injectors??

same question applies to MAFIA (unless it's set to 0)

Last edited:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
check the back of the blower and make sure all the hoses are in..

And get it on the dyno ASAP

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
yeah, apparently the tune was setup for 60s and the MAFia, but i know those canned tunes arent worth much on these cars..

all of the hoses are in place and plugged in (to my knowledge). I was rooting back behind there tonight searching for something that might be causing a problem but didnt find anything.....

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
have you rechecked all the coil connections?

always make sure you get a good *click* when you connect to wiring harness

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
Have not checked all the coil connections, are those just the clips on the main wiring harness that goes around the supercharger?? sorry for the stupid question, i just had this whole thing apart, i should know the name of everything!! haha

the BAP is before the fpdm. i didnt set the MAFia to anything, how do I set it to 0?

04CobraMatt

Established Member
REDFIRE03SVT said:
Have not checked all the coil connections, are those just the clips on the main wiring harness that goes around the supercharger?? sorry for the stupid question, i just had this whole thing apart, i should know the name of everything!! haha

the BAP is before the fpdm. i didnt set the MAFia to anything, how do I set it to 0?

You seem to be reffering to the power for the Injectors, JB is talking about the coil packs underneath the two little covers(on the sparkplugs).

For the MAFia, find out what setting the tune LFP sent you was meant for, pull off the red devil on the middle of the MAFia to adjust.

Assuming the MAFia is set to "0" the only other big change is the 60lbs Injectors. Usualy the Value files used in SCT tunes are pretty close but it could very possibly be those causing the problem.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
04CobraMatt said:
You seem to be reffering to the power for the Injectors, JB is talking about the coil packs underneath the two little covers(on the sparkplugs)

yeah, I've seen those wiring connectors cause a problem twice before and in one case, it didn't trigger a CEL/OBD2 code

Last edited:

NERDKILLER

Established Member
I have the exact same set up I just put on my car and it is doing the same thing.it ran fine befor. I would love to know what the problem is I had my car down to ford last night and they say it is the softwear from the tune.but my tuner thinks it is a coil but when I but the car back to stock it runs fine other then being pig rich.

Users who are viewing this thread