Installed FR K springs with FR shocks and struts

clc44

Established Member
Hello,

I just got new shocks, struts, gt500 strut mounts and springs. My buddy that installed them sent me a couple of pictures. Says it rides really good. I'm picking it up tomorrow and will get good pics and give some personal feedback.

Anyone with similar set up?

clc44

Established Member
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
nice I just installed the same I think.... I got the adjustable frpp shocks and struts with k springs. I also did upper and lower control arms and adjustable panhard bar from bmr. the ride is absolutely amazing now, started at 3 turns out from full stiff, full soft is 6 turns out. I just put it on full stiff but have yet to test it like that. with my setup this beast corners like an animal! also I now get no wheel hop at all from the control arm upgrade.

Last edited:

ExTurbo

Established Member
Nice, i have the same exact setup. down to the wheels and everything...been a couple years now but it still feels great. No dive or roll under braking or cornering, good ride quality. Congrats and enjoy!

clc44

Established Member
I love the new stance and way it handles. So tight without being harsh. Feel the bumps more but nothing crazy.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
Nice, i have the same exact setup. down to the wheels and everything...been a couple years now but it still feels great. No dive or roll under braking or cornering, good ride quality. Congrats and enjoy!
You have P springs, according to your sig, and he has K springs. Not a huge difference but not the exact same setup either.
I went with P's instead of K's because most people I spoke with said they were on the harsh side, which is subjective, but I'm glad you like yours OP. I like the K drop more than my P drop.

clc44

Established Member
It's not harsh. It just rides like a sports car with good handling should ride. If people want a good ride, get a Mercedes lol.

ExTurbo

Established Member
You have P springs, according to your sig, and he has K springs. Not a huge difference but not the exact same setup either.
I went with P's instead of K's because most people I spoke with said they were on the harsh side, which is subjective, but I'm glad you like yours OP. I like the K drop more than my P drop.

True story, i noticed after i posted but was too lazy to go back and correct it. Id like the extra drop but im already close on the speed bump at my job...if im not careful ill scrape my headers on it already so that extra half inch makes a big difference...lol

clc44

Established Member
That's what I'm afraid of. I have long tubes waiting on a mid pipe and over the axle pipes. It'll be very very close. I have speed bumps at work. Oh well...

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

Nice car. Itll be fine. I originally got Pro kit springs. Still have those in front but it only dropped the rear like .8 inches. I hated it. I talked to Kelley at BMR and ordered their rears like 2 years ago and running ever since. It dropped it down to exactly what he said it would. Like another 3/4 inch. My car has about 1/4 worth of rake now. The pro kit springs are good for the rear if u plan on running a huge rear tire but otherwise too high imo

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I have both p and k springs 1.5 " front and 1" in rear. Car drives like its on rails. Ride is stiff, but like you said it drives like a sports car.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I have yet to scrap on anything and they've been on for almost 2 years. It will drop a lot more in the front. BTW what tires are you running?

clc44

Established Member
255/40 front and 285/35/19 rear. Rears are mt street comp tears are a cheaper tire.

I'm considering a 305/35 nt05r for my next set.

Users who are viewing this thread